Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread [Archived] Football • Page 104

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by spencpants, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. HalfHearted

Regular

From my experiences, that is not an option, or at least hasn't been for the last couple of years we have tried to do it.

2. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Every year for my draft I print out a tiered PPR cheat sheet. I usually use FFToday's cheatsheet. I noticed a huge difference in rankings between them and another site - Fantasypros.

For instance, Christian McCaffrey is ranked 14 on Fantasy Pros and 25 on FFtoday. Pryor is ranked 16 on Fantasypros and 33 on FFToday.

Which site do you guys find to have the best or most accurate cheatsheets?

3. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I like Fantasypros because they give you an average consensus among all the experts

Fronnyfron likes this.
  4. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Cool, appreciate it. Thought the FFToday rankings had a few guys a little low.

5. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

i think it depends on the league you're playing in. if there are other owners interested in a certain play you want, you'll have to adjust your strategy to fit that. i don't know if you listen to the espn fantasy focus podcast, but they always talk about how the drafts they do look different from a lot of others because the people participating frequently have similar philosophy regarding certain positions (so quarterbacks will go later than you might expect).

it's also hard to gauge how players on new teams/new players will fit into those teams. it's probably safe to assume mccaffrey and pryor will be great fantasy players this year, but will they be the top options on their teams (or will guys like kelvin benjamin or jamison crowder take up a more significant target share, diluting their effectiveness in ppr scoring)? i imagine this probably accounts for the differences.

i guess i'd think about your feelings re: the players you care about and find the sheet that seems to be the closest to your thoughts and strategy. there's always room for variation when you're drafting if something seems off.

6. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

All great points. The league I play in, guys tend to take qbs early. At least 3 are always gone by the end of the 2nd round, which leaves alot of great wr/rb value.

I was just thrown off by how varied some of the ratings were this year. But everyone's opinions are different.

Should be fun. Good luck this year!

7. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

first draft of the year...12 teams, 0.5 PPR. I kept Spencer Ware in the 10th round

QB- Mariota, Prescott
    RB- Gurley, D. Cook, Ware, Jizz Rodgers, Jamaal Williams, A. Kamara
    WR- Jordy, ARob, Tyreek Hill, Devante Parker, Cooper Kupp
    TE- T. Eifert
    D/ST- Chiefs
    K- C. Santos

aside from having too many Chiefs, I love this team so much

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Just had my first draft...oof. Did not go as well as I wanted. I'll post the team later.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

So this is it...it's a half point PPR, I kept Crowell who took the place of my 4th round pick. I had the 11th pick. A few other guys were kept which bumped some dudes up in the draft.

QB-)ak Prescott
    RB-Isiah Crowell
    RB-Spencer Ware
    WR-T.Y. Hilton
    WR-Dez Bryant
    TE-Martellus Bennett
    Flex-Tyreek Hill

K-Caleb Sturgis
    D/ST-Eagles

Bench-Kareem Hunt
    Bench-James White
    Bench-Mike Gillislee
    Bench-Marvin Jones
    Bench-Ben Roethlisburger
    Bench-Marlon Mack

Basically went all in on high risk high reward WR's. They'll need to carry this team. I was going to snag Luck late so I ccould double dip with him and Hilton when he comes back, but he was picked the round before I was going to do it.

All in on the RBBC's too. Hopefully will end up with two competent RB's after a few weeks.

Marlon Mack is my sleeper. Hoping he emerges ASAP.

10. chcougar1

Trusted

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. I would not want this team personally but everyone has different hunches for sure. I DO like the potential upside of guys like Williams and Kamara, but not a big fan of your starters outside Jordy and one of those two QBs should play out well.

11. chcougar1

Trusted

Yeah you REALLY have to hope 2 of those RBs emerge as fantasy starter worthy. Hilton and Dez should be good for you though I will say Luck’s recovery has me a bit worried.

12. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

PRetty much haha. I have a good feeling about Hunt emerging, and I figure after a couple weeks I'll have a better idea of what New England is going to do with their clusterfuck. But....it's gonna be a rough start to the season.

The Luck story is just so weird to me...I didn't want to take Hilton because of it but there really wasn't someone else there I wanted more at that point.

13. chcougar1

Trusted

Good call. Spencer Ware just got carted off with a knee injury.

14. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Welp lol Ware was my keeper

15. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Definitely considering Cooks in a different light now. I know has an entirely different receiver than Edelman, but still Cooks, Mitchell and Hogan's roles will all be enhanced if Edelman is lost for the season.

16. HalfHearted

Regular

I actually moved Gronk up substantially and am hoping to grab him at pick 16 in a draft tomorrow.

17. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Draft is tomorrow...very nervous

18. Deathco_019

Drummer

I'm in a couple 10-team leagues again this year, but I'm also doing my first 12-team league and I'm nervous for that because I'm not quite sure I have a strategy in place for it and I'm not a fan of the 2nd or 3rd rounds right now

19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah my 12 teamer had some people getting kept and rounds 2 and 3 just felt so ugly

20. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

guess I should pop in here

21. Deathco_019

Drummer

Should we make a 2017-2018 thread?

22. ClarettsGreyGoose

23. Whatjuliansaid

Draft today woo

24. Whatjuliansaid

1 of my friends just told me he can't make it, if anyone wants his spot and can draft tonight lmk asap

25. ClarettsGreyGoose

What time

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.