Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread [Archived] Football • Page 103

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by spencpants, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

That's how I've done in the past but just wanted to double check. The value in 12-13 over 18-19 is much more than the value of 1-3 over 7-9 imo

HalfHearted likes this.
  2. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Thoughts on Dalvin Cook? Took him 5th round in my standard draft.

3. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

He could gradually win the job and get more carries, but with latavius Murray being signed this offseason also it might be a handcuff for a while.

4. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Cook has touched the ball on nearly half of the plays he has played this preseason

thats kind of astounding

5. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I ended up choosing the 7th pick, hopefully I don't regret it. Someone always grabs at least one QB in the first so hopefully some value falls into my lap.

6. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

Boldin retiring means Zay Jones stock is gonna go through the roof

7. HalfHearted

Regular

Nobody's stock in Buffalo should be through the roof, honestly. Tyrod has looked awful, there are now trade talks/rumors with McCoy. While Zay Jones is now the most talented WR on our roster, I wouldn't expect too much out of him this year.

8. bones

#HEEL

One guy said he would think they'd listen about McCoy. There are no trade talks or rumors.

9. HalfHearted

Regular

There is definitely more talk than not about McCoy and Tyrod being on the block. There is really no reason at this point for the Bills to keep McCoy as the new regime has pretty much made it a point that winning this year is not something that is that important.

10. bones

#HEEL

Show me something that doesn't credit that Evan Silva tweet

11. HalfHearted

Regular

They are called rumors for a reason. Living in Buffalo there are a lot of whispers going on about McCoy possibly being next to trade. I am not saying it is definitely going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised. If he stays, they are just going to run him into the ground and release him next year anyway. Might as well get something for him a year before he turns 30.

12. bones

#HEEL

Fan chatter and rumors aren't the same thing. I'm a season ticket holder and follow the news closely as well. There was the one Silva tweet and then some people ran with it. The Bills beat guys I trust say there's nothing to it.

We can agree to disagree on the likelihood, I just think it's misleading to say there are trade rumors when that's not the case.

13. HalfHearted

Regular

Very good point. I guess that is pretty much what I was doing as well, so my apologies. With all the moves and everything that is going on, I just wouldn't be surprised to see it happen, I guess. Apparently I got caught up in it a little too much. Nice to talk to a fellow fan though, thanks for bringing me down a notch.

14. My league is PPR, I have the 4th pick overall. I expect the first three picks to be Johnson, Bell and AB or Julio Jones. OBJ or Mike Evans at 4 isn't far fetched right ?

15. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I wouldn't touch Beckham after the injury last night. Chances are hes out at least a few weeks I would imagine.

take whoever is left of Julio/Brown and sleep like a baby

16. I think I'll do this, I don't plan on touching Bell if he drops to 4. If Julio and Brown go top 3 Mike Evans I'd probably go at 4. We'll see how it falls

17. brentkid

Regular

Why would you not take Bell if he somehow fell to you at 4? That's a steal.

18. Injury concerns. He can never stay healthy.

19. brentkid

Regular

Personally disagree that injury concerns would warrant dropping Bell to the 4/5 spot, but in all likelihood that won't happen in a majority of drafts.

Anyone else hate the second round this year as much as I do? I don't feel great about most of the players in that range.

20. HalfHearted

Regular

Not sure why you would take Julio at 4 when you are talking about injury concerns. Julio has only played 16 game twice in his career and once over the last 3 years. When Bell is on the field he is the best player in fantasy, hands down. You can't pass that up at 4 if he happens to fall.

21. HalfHearted

Regular

I don't like rounds 2 or 3 this year at all. That is why I prefer to draft at the end of the first round because you are looking at at least better players than when you get to the 2/3 turn.

brentkid likes this.
  22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I hate the second round this year too. So many question marks.

I'm hoping for number 1 pick so i can take DJ. Then on the turn take 2 of the best remaining wrs or hope one of the tier 2 rbs fall. Maybe even grab Zeke there???

23. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

I am picking #9 in a 12 team league and I am okay with what I'm seeing in mock drafts at my #16 pick but I hate what's there at the 3/4 turn. I'm preparing myself to be disappointed with my team

24. HalfHearted Aug 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 23, 2017)
    HalfHearted

Regular

I have the same pick on Sunday and I have to agree. This might be the year I take a QB early and try and grab Rodgers, Brees or Brady if any of them are available at either of those picks.

25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

are you not able to set the round of keepers on ESPN? I have my first draft tomorrow night and we thought you could but we cant find the "set round" option. It just automatically makes it your first round pick.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.