Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2016-2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread [Archived] Football • Page 102

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by spencpants, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. chcougar1

Trusted

Ware in the 10th. D/ST are so variable.

2. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

Sorry, didn't see this until just now. Sent it your way.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Do I keep Kelvin Benjamin for $3 or Brandon Marshall for $13?

4. KB for $3

David87 likes this.
  5. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Just rechecked my team, and in theory I can keep all 3 WR's I want to keep....among our keepers, we get to keep a WR, a Rookie, and any position, and I have Tyreek Hill ($6), KB, and Marshall...so rookie, WR, and my any position...

However, I was also hoping to keep Wentz in case he pops off. I have Brady for one more year for super cheap, and I'd be able to keep Wentz for the next two years....however, keeping two QBs feels like kind of a waste....but it is a league of mostly Eagles fans, so there's a solid chance if I throw him back to the draft that he goes for more than the $6 I could keep him for this year...

But...having all 3 of those WR's in a PPR league where we start 3 WRs and a W/R/T flex, for a total price of $22, seems like a pretty sweet deal. Leaves me plenty of money to buy a true #1 and still fill in my other spots...

6. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

:teethsmile:

7. chcougar1

Trusted

Hey everyone,

I need help deciding who to cut here. I have to cut two players from this roster before noon tomorrow. I was just going to cut Stills and Jordan Matthews, but Matthews is now a team’s number 1 receiver.....what to do? Having 3 QBs and 3 TEs is a bit much but I like the depth and back up options if people get hurt AND I’m terrified of cutting or trading the wrong guys at those positions. Thanks in advance.

Dynasty, Non-PPR, 10 team:

QB: Cam, Cousins, Dak
    RB: David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Melvin Gordon, Bilal Powell, AP
    WR: Dez, Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Moncrief, Rishard Matthews, Jordan Matthews, Stills
    TE: Reed, Ertz, Doyle
    D/ST: Cardinals
    K: Prater

8. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

I'd cut Stills and Rishard.

9. chcougar1

Trusted

Even though rishard had 11 games with over 8 points last year? Stills had 9. Matthews only had 4 but is now a #1 WR?

I'm also wondering about moncrief. He only had 7 games over 8 points but that was every game he played. With luck being injured so much (and actually moncrief himself) would he be an option to cut instead?

Darn this game!

10. Whatjuliansaid

I'm not convinced Matthews is a #1, I actually think the bill will spread the ball around a ton because they don't have one elite guy but a lot of depth there.

11. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Can you drop the kicker and defense and grab one in the redraft?

12. Whatjuliansaid

Yes?

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

14. Whatjuliansaid

Same

Unless you have an all star level starter team I don't even consider keeping a top defense

15. chcougar1

Trusted

Thanks for the feedback

16. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I can't believe it's already almost time for Fantasy Football again. Saturdays and Sundays just feel like mini holidays to me. Can't wait to draft in two weeks. My friends have berated me for the past year about how bad my team was in my own league that I've done so much research I actually feel pretty confident going into the draft this year.

17. chcougar1

Trusted

For whatever reason, I always did the worst in my own league haha.

18. chcougar1 Aug 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 17, 2017)
    chcougar1

Trusted

Would this roster worry you guys WR depth wise? It’s a 10 team Dynasty league, non-PPR, have to start 2 WRs

Cam
    Cousins
    Dak

Johnson
    Bell
    Gordon
    Powell
    AP
    Mack
    J. Williams

Dez
    M. Thomas
    Hopkins
    Moncrief

Reed
    Doyle
    Ertz

Cards

Prater

I would essentially be cutting Rishard Matthews and Jordan Matthews to be able to add the two rookie RBs.

Does it make me too young and too thin at WR?

19. HalfHearted

Regular

I'd be most worried about Moncrief. Seems to be often injured (think he is out right now) and the uncertainty of Andrew Luck and when he is going to be playing raise a couple red flags.

20. chcougar1

Trusted

Agreed. Almost leaning to keep j Matthews over Moncrief.

I think the hope would be that my top 3 backs perform as expected and AP plays well enough to trade him for a flex WR at some point this year.

21. HalfHearted

Regular

It definitely works to your advantage only having to start 2 WR's any given week. I think you are OK keeping Moncrief for that reason. Plus, Matthews has the chip fracture in his chest, so he will probably be out until maybe the regular season, he is week to week currently. Living in Buffalo and following the team, I don't really trust anyone outside of McCoy and Tyrod, with the exception of Zay in a dynasty league.

22. chcougar1

Trusted

Really appreciate that feedback!

HalfHearted likes this.
  23. thethingis

Meet me in Montauk. Prestigious

I have first choice of where I wanna pick in one of my leagues. 10 team PPR snake draft but I have done 0 research so far - anyone wanna fill me in on the landscape at this point?

24. HalfHearted

Regular

I think there is more consistency with players if you are drafting later this year. I'd prefer to be between 8-10 and you can still land players like Mike Evans and pair him with Jordy or Freeman/Gordon. Getting DJ or Bell is great, but I think the players coming back to the 2/3 turn won't return much value, unless you want to take a QB early and snag Rodgers. But obviously, this is just personal opinion.

xbrokendownx likes this.
  25. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

I like drafting anywhere from the 6-9 (nice) range

getting one of the top 5 is always nice but I feel like theres too big of a gap between picks/talent if you end up picking high and have to wait til the back end of round 2

Fuck You Aurora likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.