Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2017 Fantasy Baseball [Archived] Baseball • Page 3

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. itsmesean0630

There's no "I" in team but there's an "i" in pizza Prestigious

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing, but wasn't sure.

2. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

Need 1 person for a keeper league, draft tonight. hit my message if you are interested.

3. T.J.

music and baseball.

What time is the draft?

4. shouts23

Hi, I'm Negan ;)

probably after walking dead. like 10:45

5. T.J.

music and baseball.

I probably won't make it.

6. T.J.

music and baseball.

Okay, so here I figured I’d share how my Dynasty League went…

But, first a quick run down. It’s an ESPN league that I run, modeled after FanGraph’s Ottoneu. It is an 8-team league (wish we could go up to 10) with an auction draft, $400 per team, 40 man roster, innings and games played caps (1500 IP and 162 game/position), roto-points, and a silent auction waiver wire. Its supposed to be based off sabermetrics and loosely modeled like a real team roster.

This is our third year. I won the first year and came in second last year. I feel like I robbed the guys I play with. I am as confident with this team as you can be with an 8-team league.

Here is my roster and prices. Keepers will have a (K).

C – Russell Martin $5 (K)
    1B – Joey Votto $25 (K)
    2B – Anthony Rendon $5 (K)
    3B – Todd Frazier $5 (K)
    SS – Xander Bogaerts $20 (K)
    2B/SS – Ian Kinsler $23
    1B/3B – Kyle Seager $20 (K)
    OF – Andrew McCutchen $48 (K)
    OF – JD Martinez $5 (K)
    OF – Carlos Gonzalez $25 (K)
    OF – Jason Heyward $21 (K)
    OF – Gregory Polanco $6 (K)
    UTIL – Miguel Sano $7 (K)

Bench:

Christian Yelich $12 (K)
    Matt Duffy $3 (K)
    Devon Travis $4 (K)
    Joey Gallo $4 (K)
    Francisco Cervelli $3 (K)
    Alex Jackson $2 (K)
    Avisail Garcia $1
    Joe Panik $1
    Victor Martinez $1
    J.P. Crawford $1
    Max Kepler $1
    Jake Bauers $1

SP – Chris Sale $28 (K)
    SP – Felix Hernandez $43 (K)
    SP – Garrett Richards $5 (K)
    SP – Jose Quintana $5 (K)
    SP – Zack Greinke $28
    RP – Aroldis Chapman $14 (K)
    RP – Zach Britton $5 (K)
    RP – Kevin Siegrist $3 (K)
    RP – Carson Smith $3 (K)
    RP – Kelvin Herrera $1

Bench:
    Adam Ottavino $1
    Scott Kazmir $7 (K)
    Dylan Bundy $5 (K)
    Rick Porcello $1
    Anthony DeSclafani $1

I enjoy this style of fantasy baseball a lot. More so than the 5x5 standard. The only problem I have is that its an 8-team league. When making it, it took forever to find people and some I had to pull teeth to get to play this way.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Would you guys drop Conforto or Brett Lawrie to pick up Starlin Castro?

I have Odor at 2B, and K Seager/Longeria at 3rd. Have 5 other OFers, Cutch/Springer/Joc/Kalhoun/Burns. we have to start 4 OFers, an IF, and a UTIL.

8. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

8 team league right? Non keeper?

9. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

10 team keeper haha. Keeping Conforto would cost me $3, Lawrie $7. if Castro puts up a great year, it'd cost me $6 to keep him. Keepers last for 3 years before we have to throw them back into the pool.

10. Whatjuliansaid

I would take Castro over lawrie, id jump on him

11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

That's what I was leaning towards. Lawrie has the dual eligibility in my league but I have two 3rd basemen already. Now to decide my FAAB bid heh(he's on waivers since someone drafted him then dropped him before the first game)

12. Genuma

Newbie Prestigious

Was offered J. Upton for B. Crawford straight up. My MI consists of Segura, Wong, Story, and Travis (once he comes off the DL). My OF is fairly crowded already though (McCutchen, Springer, Fowler, Grichuk, Gardener, Pederson, Hamilton). Thoughts?

13. T.J.

music and baseball.

I think I'd do it. Crawford seems pretty replaceable. When JUp gets it going again, if you still feel crowded in the OF, you could probably flip him for something better.

14. Genuma

Newbie Prestigious

I went for it. I'm not crazy about Crawford or my MI in general, but if Wong comes around it shouldn't hurt. Upton can't stay this bad all season.

15. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

So here's the deal:

We started a 10-team chorus.fm fantasy baseball league, before the site officially launched on April 1.

We have member of the league who is no longer interested in participating. So the spot is open to take over that team as-is and pay the $15 entree fee, which was originally $20 but you'd pay less since you aren't able to draft your own team. The link to the league is below. The team available is 'Pillar's Pillered Pillar'

If you are interested, then send me a message.

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

bump 4 above league

17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Pick up Ryan Howard.

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  18. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Can't see the team from the link. Is the team passable? Or still there?

19. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Someone in my fantasy baseball league traded Mike Trout for Nelson Cruz and Aledyms Diaz and then dropped both of them almost immediately.

20. Whatjuliansaid

Call out the commish, that's a blatant collusion level trade.

21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I would if the guy who made the trade wasn't an idiot. This is a guy who barely keeps his roster full each week.

22. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Was just offered a Jose Abreu for Chris Archer swap. I can still keep Archer next year, and I really don't need offensive help at the minute....but is Archer going to be this bleh all year? His FIP is pretty high, but some of the other stats look like more hard luck...high BABIP, HR/FB ratio way above the last few years...other numbers seem to line up with his last few years, with the exception of BB/9 which is high.

23. Whatjuliansaid

You're not going to lose your league if you don't make that trade, archer still has elite talent and hes been inching back. 1st baseman aren't has valuable as most positions. I'd only do it if you had really good pitching otherwise and could stand to make it to boost your offense.

24. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Alright, much bigger trade offer here.

I give:
    Evan Longoria
    Michael Conforto
    Javier Baez
    Chris Archer

I Get:
    Gregory Polanco
    Albert Pujols
    Steven Wright or Will Harris

I basically can pick one of the two pitchers here. Who's season is more forreal/more likely to stick around til the end? Both seem be 31 year olds with out of no where seasons. Basically, it comes down to me deciding between strikeouts and saves. I have two other closers in iffy situations (Jefferies and Madson), but K's have pretty much been the only category I've been strong in so far this year, lots of underperformers like Archer in my rotation. Which pitcher should I pick?

Otherwise i think the trade is a pretty good one for me...My OF outside of Springer/Kalhoun has been inconsistent, and getting Pujols means I can slide Chris Davis into my OF here and there when needed. Thoughts?

25. Whatjuliansaid

One year league right? I'd try to get someone better than those pitchers but if you're staying true to the deal Harris.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.