Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2015-2016 NHL Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Hockey • Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Not a prediction, but I'd rather Arizona get rightfully relocated.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

quebec needs a team. Surprised Arizona wasn't moved years ago.

3. esposimi

Regular Prestigious

Let's Go Pens!

4. lordjedediah

N00b3

NHL still hasn't set a date for the Keith hearing.

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

4ever love Joe, never got the respect he deserved.

Off the top of my head I think Karlsson, Hank, and deserve some mentions in the Hart convo as well

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

Yeah. I wanted to argue that it probably be Holtby, Kane and Crosby as the finalists for Hart.

All I want is Thornton to at least get some love here.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

I'm rooting for joe. Class act. I hope they can win a cup.

8. CobraKidJon

Joe is basically going to have to go in insane playoff mode because I honestly don't believe the Sharks can beat ether Kings or Ducks. This playoffs should be interesting.

9. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

You mean like to Phoenix or outta Arizona entirely?

10. Hoping Vegas gets a team so I can go to games again. I miss going to Canes games so much.

11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Like to anywhere else not named arizona

12. CobraKidJon

Arizona Coyotes will stay in Arizona.

Las Vegas will get a team and Quebec will get nothing.

A few years later Seattle will get a team and all will be right in the world.

13. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Go Stars! I'd love to see Vegas get a team as well, would be interesting

14. RobbieBerns

@robbieberns Prestigious

Definitely think it's Crosby, Holtby, Kane for Hart finalists.

15. kris

nice boy who likes nerdy things

I think a lot of it is contingent on the strength of the Canadian dollar. We're already seeing issues re: salary cap & it's growth. Personally, I think QC is a fail-safe just in case the NHL needs to pull out of a non-traditional market.

However, Bettman has fought tooth and nail before for his small market teams so it'll definitely be interesting to watch.

16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

17. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

My thoughts on expansion are that Las Vegas get announced this summer with an expansion draft next year and get the third or fourth pick in the actual draft. I think QC gets held for reserve as a transfer destination for a team like the Canes or something. That said, I would love for Seattle to get a team, but I think that group is more focused on the NBA.

18. Alec Joy

Regular Prestigious

So Evander Kane is getting shut down for the rest of the season with whatever injury he got 2 games ago. In total he'll miss 17 games this season, and even with that and the constant (necessary because of the holes on the roster) line shuffling he still managed to break 20 goals. So happy with that trade.

19. Jakobindeed

Haha it's fine, you get used to the hate eventually, some guy tried to fight me over my jersey one day and I was like "this has gotten too serious". And on expansion, I'd prefer Vegas or Seattle because we don't need more teams in the East. But it does depend on the strength of the Canadian dollar, and it will be an interesting off season if all of this goes down.

20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

For the record, I enjoy watching the team. They are just SO good.

21. Jakobindeed

They're a treat to watch, except when they play a team with a decent goalie, then they're like a chicken with its head cut off, we have no clue how to attack a defense based team

22. xbrokendownx

Lets Go. Prestigious

cant wait to finish 14th and win the lottery!

frrrt

23. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Gonna echo what everyone else said, and I'm hoping Jumbo Joe can get a nomination for the Hart this year. It's pretty hard to not like the guy. I do see the three finalists being Kane, Crosby, and Holtby/Benn. I'm pulling for Crosby as a Pens fan. Mike Johnston ruined a season and half of his career. Despite that, his second half has been incredible. The Crosby of yesteryear is still here. Next season will be exciting with the Sullivan's system in place.

Kris Letang won't get a nomination for the Hart, but he's been just as important if not more than Crosby this season.

24. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Wild fan. Wings fan. Both 38-28-11. Play each other tomorrow.

Think I gotta root for my Wings as they're in the most dire of straits.

25. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Checking in from AP net. Go Ducks! Please don't choke in a game 7 again.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.