Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2015-2016 NBA Season Thread [ARCHIVED] Basketball • Page 58

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

always. it's getting dangerous now that I have a job and therefor have an income. I get so many goddamn random knicks gear. my office is like a treasure chest of useless and worthless knicks trash but I love it haha. At least we got some hope with Kristaps

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Think Melo finally leaves??

3. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I don't. I don't want him to either. I love Melo. I think people get too psyched up for these youth movements. I like having an established star player to help mentor KP. Last thing I ever want is a fucking Philly scenario where it's all 19 year old kids trying to learn how to succeed without any mentoring or help from their peers.

This year sucked again but we doubled our win total and aren't a complete joke. I think we're well positioned for the future so I'm hopefully optimistic. Have plenty of space this summer (do hope to god Afflalo opts out. fuck him) and then all our 1st back going forward. I think we'll have a good offseason and hopefully lead us to the playoffs next year. Absolutely need to get rid of Rambis though. I liked him as an assistant to Fisher. Zero interest in him being our head coach going forward. We need THIBS!

sorry for the long winded rant lol

TheWater(s) and oldjersey like this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Thibs is the man

5. Collins

Trusted

If the Knicks get Thibs I definitely expect to see them in the playoffs next season.

6. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

They're getting rambis, stop

TheWater(s) likes this.
  7. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Sadly it's already pre-determined. If it wasn't obvious that Phil was looking to get fired and go back to LA already - hiring Rambis full time should call it a day. Probably makes it to January (if that) if Rambis is hired as the head coach

8. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

So many things could go full swing in the next month. If he traded melo for some good stuff and got a top pick next year at least they'd be in place for a good rebuild. Pay a point guard with all that cash.

9. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I think we're in a good position now. I think our position going forward is being grossly exaggerated as negative. Just can't make any irrational decisions and we'll be fine going forward

10. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

being a wolves fan, rambis is the worst.

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

If you ask me, the Knicks are in a position they have been in since about 2000. There's potential for something pretty damn good to get going. It just hasn't yet. I don't know if it ever will under Dolan.

12. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Dolan has kept his word and stayed out of it for the most part. I don't think the Knicks have every actually had an eye towards the future the way they do now with Phil. At least not since 2000 that I can remember. It was always a quick fix and tried to forego building a contender and just bring in washed up players to try and rejuvenate the Knicks. If we get a good guard in FA and continue to add a little depth I think we'll be in a good position for 2017 FA/draft

oldjersey likes this.
  13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I hope so bad they get someone to compliment Melo well. It has been so tough to watch him the past 3 seasons. I have no idea who. A solid guy at the point I suppose.

15. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Officially going to Rockets Warriors game four, I'm stoked.

16. A little bit of an side conversation, but the NBA just confirmed that game day jerseys will have a 2.5x2.5 inch advertisement on them starting in the 2017-18 season. I think it's a great idea and have no issues with a small ad on the jerseys.

17. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

Draymond is for sure winning DPOY. Definitely caught the narrative this year for whatever reason.

18. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

It's either going to be him or Kawhi. The voting should be pretty close!

19. M.Lee

Don't think it will be close at all. I think Draymond runs away with it. He's getting every big media vote.

Last year it was largely a toss-up with Kawhi pulling out what I thought was a surprise victory. Not the same thing at all this year, probably due to the Warriors team success (which makes no sense).

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah. Draymond. For sure. Voters are gonna decorate this years Warrior team as much as humanly possible. Rightfully so too.

21. M.Lee Apr 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2016)
    M.Lee

Such a mind-numbing argument. The Warriors being one of the best teams ever does not somehow solely justify Draymond's defensive prowess, or Iggy's capability as a 6th man, etc. etc.

22. It should be Kawhi again. I'd probably give Dray Most Improved over DPOY.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, it's a nice little extra chunk of change for the league and it's not a huge eye sore. Supposed to just be like the KIA logo on this year's All-Star jerseys.

[​IMG]

Some people on the internet seem upset by this for some reason. The apparel logo has always been there, it's essentially the same concept, just on the other side. There are far more annoying ads in all the major US sports leagues to be upset about (see TV/media timeouts).

24. Collins

Trusted

Gotta disagree. I love jerseys the way they are now and I think the ads are going to mess with the look.

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It seems to small to mess with the look to me. It's not front and center like the sponsors in other foreign league. As a plus though, the NBA won't be selling jersey's with logo's on them for the most part (teams have the option of selling them with logo's at their own retailers).

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.