Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2007 in film. • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Morrissey, Sep 14, 2021.

1. atlas

Trusted

2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I want to say Superbad first but I’m gonna say No Country For Old Men because I want to give it a chance to win, though it looks like Blood has a huge lead already.

I remember that I didn’t see No Country For Old Men when it first came out. I don’t remember when I saw it for the first time but goddamn what a great movie. Can’t say enough good things about how Bardem played that role.

Superbad was always my true favorite out of that string of mid-late 2000s comedies, with maybe the exception of Wedding Crashers (and also maybe Forgetting Sarah Marshall). Yeah I was 19/20 years old so a bunch of virgin teenagers just saying fuck a lot and being inappropriate and naive was much more hilarious to me back then but still.

Juno was great too. Hot Fuzz was a lot of fun. Knocked Up was hilarious but def had its flaws. I enjoyed 28 Weeks Later even though it couldn’t live up to the first. 1408 was creepy. Bucket List was cheap heartstring tugs but they worked. The Mist was pretty cool. I had to show The Great Debaters to some English classes when I was a substitute teacher and I really liked it.

3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also the Superbad stuff reminded me that this video exists and I remember seeing it 14 years ago and fucking dying. The same part when it gets to Bill Hader still had me dying just now. The transition from Jonah to Bill is just so funny to me

4. soggytime

Trusted

1. There Will Be Blood
    2. No Country For Old Men
    3. Ratatouille

One of the most important years of my life for my love of film. Here's the rest of my 10:

4. Superbad
    5. Zodiac
    6. Hot Fuzz
    8. Hot Rod
    9. Walk Hard
    10. Grindhouse

Long Century and SpyKi like this.
  5. Morrissey

Trusted

There Will Be Blood wins it with a record 45 votes. No Country for Old Men was in second place with 15 votes. There Will Be Blood will move on to the bracket.

George, jkauf, SpyKi and 4 others like this.
  6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

good

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

pretty much what I expected, haha.

8. Morrissey

Trusted

At the time there was a real debate between There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men.

phaynes12 likes this.
  9. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I gave TWBB the nod, but the quality gap between them is pretty narrow imo

Long Century likes this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it seems like a closer debate between no country and michael clayton for 2nd place than no country and twbb now

11. Morrissey

Trusted

Zodiac was in third. At the time it was barely noticed.

12. soggytime

Trusted

No Country For Old Men should be on the list of greatest "Best Picture" winners ever, and yet I still like There Will Be Blood more.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

One of my favorite years in film:

1. The Assassination of Jesse James
    2. No Country for Old Men
    3. Before the Devil Knows Your Dead

Other standouts:
    Hot Fuzz, Zodiac, The Lookout, Knocked Up, Reign Over Me, Disturbia, Fracture, Control, Superbad, 3:10 to Yuma, Juno, Into the Wild, Gone Baby Gone, Eastern Promises, Across the Universe, Lars and the Real Girl, There Will Be Blood, Funny Games, Dan in Real Life, The Mist, I Am Legend,