Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick, 1968) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by fronkensteen, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Dog with a Blog

Nice.

How was the Jupiter sequence for you?? I had seen the movie many times prior, but seeing that on the big screen was truly something else.

2. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

my jaw was dropped the whole time. It was quite possibly the most beautiful and surprising piece of visual media I've ever seen & I rly want to see it again on shrooms or acid.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

Haha, awesome. From what I’ve read, that was a fairly common thing for people to do in ‘68. They figured out when to drop acid so it would hit during the Jupiter sequence.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Seeing this tomorrow

aoftbsten likes this.
  5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

To those who have gone to one of these showings. Do you think I can get away with buying tickets the day of or do I need to buy in advance?

6. Dog with a Blog

Depends on the show time and venue, I’m sure. I saw it in the afternoon and there was plenty of open seating but out of curiosity I looked at the seating for the 7pm show which was in a larger auditorium and it was sold out. Might as well buy in advance if you can.

aoftbsten likes this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Thanks, it's available on moviepass for me so, on one hand, it would be free. But I don't want to risk missing out so I might just have to buy in advance.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Seeing it in one hour.

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Well fuck me. That was an experience to say the least. I’m certainly glad I saw this for the first time on the big screen.

11. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

opens next weekend here.

12. I will be seeing this for the first time, finally, on the 4th. 70mm. So excited.

13. It was really quite stunning how modern and beautiful this film looked on a big screen

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

saw this is staying for another week, hoping to catch it before next wednesday!

15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Still isn’t playing near me :(

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Going Saturday morning!

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve been hoping to go this weekend but it looks like I may have to wait until next week and hope I have time. I really don’t want to miss it but Silver Spring is so far for a week night.

18. This was my first time seeing a movie that had an actual intermission haha

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

After the moon section, I'm guessing?

20. after they decide to disconnect Hal

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah, of course. That's a great spot for an intermission. Man, I have to see this.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

That's where I'll be going.

23. I wanna go see it again.

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I wish this had gone wider. Bummer that I never got a chance to see it.

Dodger likes this.
  25. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Same I wanted to see it for the first time on the big screen. Ah well