Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2000s indie rock • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Aug 9, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

:D one of the best albums of the 2000s.

2. CoffeeEyes17

Yep for sure.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Domestica is their other record that people recommend right?

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yep. That ones more along the lines of an angular emo/post hardcore album, as opposed to tuo's more layered, orchestral (sometimes) sound. Not quite as good IMO but still excellent

beachdude42 and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  5. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Tim's easily one of the best writers of that scene, just wish his output was as consistent as he's been in the past. very spotty discography.

6. CoffeeEyes17

yeah I mean, TUO and Domestica are exceptional albums, and I personally really love Happy Hollow, but the rest hes done hasnt been very good.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  7. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

That's why I listened today, I am pretty sure I remembered someone in the D-Plan thread or the 90s thread lump them together as underrated. You see the similarities in the theatricality and the rhythmic songwriting, good rec whoever that was
    Is this just taking into account his Cursive stuff or his other bands as well? I was gonna check out the Good Life after Domestica

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  8. Leftandleaving

I like the good life's first couple albums a lot

9. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

The Cribs dropped a new album and its surprising good. They seriously are the one of the most consistent 7/10 bands.

10. Randall Mentzos

Listen to my EP: terrainofficial .bandcamp.com Prestigious

Is this my thread or what. Need to sub.

11. radiodead

Trusted

I've been on this site tooooo long. There are far too many people in this thread that had never listened to The Ugly Organ. Da fuck. That would have been sacrilege on this very website about 10-12 years ago.

beachdude42 and Randall Mentzos like this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I just got into Ugly Organ like late last year/early this year due to my ex's influence haha... what an album.

radiodead likes this.
  13. EmmanuelSCastle Aug 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2019)
    EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

you know how you hear about a band and recognize that they'd be insanely yr shit if you got around to them? got into Mclusky a few months ago and I am fucking obsessed I feel like Mclusky Do Dallas has been part of my life forever and I was just waiting for it to be made explicit. recommended to anyone who is sad the Pixies are bad now or anyone who likes Touch and Go Records stuff

edit: have just seen Japandroids has a cover of To Hell With Good Intentions but man it is positively anemic compared to the original. needs the bass line i guess

Mary V likes this.
  14. Leftandleaving

[​IMG]

Cameron likes this.
  15. cherrywaves

Trusted

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

do we have to pick just 3 lol