Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 33

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely have the talk sooner than later. Sorry bud.

2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm trying to think to myself... do I actually want them? Will I down the road? And i'm just stuck... i don't know? I don't think I do. I never ever have in the past but now I'm thinking about this as hard as I ever have.

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Totally understandable. The having children conversation is a very important conversation to have in any relationship especially if it's a serious one and one that you see lasting(potentially forever)

GrantCloud, Dog with a Blog and Ken like this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Well, if she had never brought this up would you have easily answered that you don’t want them?

bigmike and Ken like this.
  5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Do you have nieces or nephews? If so, hang out with them! See how they make you feel.

GrantCloud, SlappinCups and Ken like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

I dunno. I absolutely adore my nieces and nephews. Genuinely some of my favorite people in the world. They do not make me want to have kids haha. I love being able to pass off responsibility to their parents when they start acting like little shits

Shrek, GrantCloud, Mary V and 6 others like this.
  7. Colby Searcy

All of that is completely reasonable. Surely she's thinking similarly as well. Maybe she'll change her mind, or at least realize that you really don't want them and be alright.

Have y'all talked about that previously?

Ken likes this.
  8. Colby Searcy

Yeah I still hate other people's kids

9. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

This is my point. If he does the same, and the feeling is 'they do not make me want to have kids', you clearly aren't ready.

When my nephew was born, like 8 months in, I was changed and warmed up completely to the idea of having a kid.

SlappinCups, Ken and Dog with a Blog like this.
  10. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yes. I'd say 95% of me thinks I don't want them. 5% of me thinks that I might in a few years.

My brother just had a baby and I love him a ton, but I don't know if I want to be a father.

Exactly!

At the start of our relationship she told me she didn't want children. No talk of it really for 3 years until now.

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

maybe I need to spend more time with my nephew.

12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

If it makes you feel better my wife and I both never wanted kids and we have two.

Shrek, coleslawed, GrantCloud and 5 others like this.
  13. Dog with a Blog

Be sure to tell them that

14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

so at some point you decided that you wanted them? after you were married?

GrantCloud likes this.
  15. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Nope...we had our first child well before we got married. Obviously not planned. We eventually got married and I guess we liked the first one enough to have a second one.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Kids? In this economy?

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

@Ken tell her Sterling is your only baby

you just have to straight up tell her, it's definitely something that can change so I don't blame her, at some point I could see myself as a dad but now I don't think so

GrantCloud and Ken like this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'd feel better about this situation if she had just said "i'm open to the idea or thinking about it" but to be so strongly pro-children makes me feel conflicted, because I don't know if I'll ever come around. Then what? We get married only to get divorced? I guess there's the chance I do come around. Ugh.

20. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

oh, she knows how I feel. I just don't know what to do about it.

21. Colby Searcy

For me I feel like it was definitely more of a natural/minimal progression towards finally having kids

Ken likes this.
  22. Colby Searcy

23. Colby Searcy

We're still trying to really determine if we like the first one

24. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious