Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 31

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

It’s actually on hinge, so there’s both the option to add a message and the knowing if they don’t swipe :teethsmile:

GrantCloud and Dog with a Blog like this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

If they see your profile does it say if you swiped right on them?

GrantCloud likes this.
  3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

When she opens the app it’ll say I liked her profile and then she’ll have the option to match or not.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Oh daaaaaang. Well, as Mikey said, it could just be a way to say hello

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Diving in, folks.

SlappinCups, Ken, Joe4th and 3 others like this.
  6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

dont back down

7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Bold move.

When I come across that I just delete my account and the app lol. Don’t need no awkward encounters or rumors spreading :crylaugh:

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I guess this isn’t explicitly relationship related but holy fuck there’s no easier way to get on my bad side than to bail on me at the last minute and not apologize or offer up another time or something. Like it’s so blatantly conveying “I can’t even be bothered to care about what you may want.”

And the people who did it to me just now acted like I was in the wrong for being even just annoyed by it. As if it’s unreasonable to expect someone to stick to their word lol

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

There's someone who runs in similar professional circles as me and I've always thought he was cute but even tho we have similar circles we've never rly had reason to interact and anyway I just learned he has kids and like full body cringed. No disrespect to single parents I just don't know if I want kids and lean towards that I don't, so I wouldn't want to become involved with someone who has them if I don't wanna commit to that life. So. Crush ended after several years lol.

I would make a bomb stepmom tho.

bigmike and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

11. Kiana

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

You don't need to, Julia Roberts is the stepmom the kids and old wife don't like, Susan Sarandon is the old wife with cancer, you know what happens

coleslawed and GrantCloud like this.
  13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Spoilers man!

14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Guess I won’t be renting this tonight smh

15. Kiana

Well unlike Julia Roberts the kids would love me instantly!!

*Lol probably not cause I was totally that angsty kid who didn't like the new girl/boy friend in town after my parents divorced

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

17. ItsJoe

Joe

What are people's suggestions on moving on from someone? I had someone in my life, it was short, but it was special and left an impact on me. Afterwards we remained close, and still harboured feelings for one another. Due to complications of her being with someone at the time it was a difficult friendship, fraught with a lack of emotional maturity to be happy for the other, but we tried and in the end I was hurt.

Her relationship came to end, and our friendship was put on the back-burner, and I tried to remind her I wanted her to be in my life, but I think time had done its damage and our friendship was frayed. The underpinning problem had always been the same, ever since we became friends during her relationship if I said I needed space she would emotionally blackmail me with her puppy dog eyes and ask me back into her life. This would happen too often, and the final straw came after a decision I had to separate myself from her for good. This was good for me, but after a few months she messaged me, and we started talking again like old times. I could feel myself falling back into old habits, and knew it wasn't healthy. I asked her straight up how she felt about me, and I was met with that those feelings would never leave, but our friendship was too special to ruin. I knew part of this was true, but it always felt like everything was on her terms, that what I wanted was not worth as much.

She has now since met someone else, and though I told her I thought it best that we never speak again, I do feel hurt seeing photos of her being happy with someone else.

Apologies for the essay like post, but I felt like I had to get it all off my chest.

18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Sometimes it just takes time, but I definitely recommend taking her off your socials so the temptation to look isn’t there and you don’t go through the cycle of checking in and bumming yourself out. Other than that, go out and meet new people, whether it be platonically or dating or whatever. Being social has always helped me get over stuff like that. Watch a show or read a book you’ve been meaning to check out. Go for a long walk outside and listen to music.

19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The worst thing you can do is nothing. Because then you’re going to be thinking about her, or that you’re alone, or that you’re doing nothing and wasting away while she and everyone else is off enjoying life.

20. Kiana

Here is my hippie dippy answer

Moving on from someone takes practice and time tbh. You were hoping you could be friends, but it wasn't a healthy situation. I think it's positive to wish them well. If you find yourself missing the person take deep breaths, internally wish them well or pray or send out good vibes or whatever is best for you (I'm not religious so I don't pray), and it'll give you a second to regulate yourself. It sounds corny, but pausing for a moment can allow u to get hold of yourself and u can literally do it anytime and anywhere without it being noticeable or a ~thing. And wishing someone well just makes your headspace better. Pause, wish them well. Tell yourself that It's good that she's happy and hopefully it's a healthier situation for her. You will find a happy healthier situation too. You will both be better for it.

Now tell yourself that like 1000x a day and soon you'll only need to do it like 5x a day and then it'll be like 1x a year and then you'll be like oh yeah that person I used to know 5ever ago.

21. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve done fucked up and caught feelings for someone. I’m really not good at the whole vulnerability thing but I actually want to try with this one.

Shrek, coleslawed, RJ Knorr and 6 others like this.
  22. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Tequila is Spanish for vulnerable. Try that.

supernovagirl, Shrek, dylan and 5 others like this.
  23. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

im not trying to self sabotage yet lol

Shrek, dylan, Joe4th and 4 others like this.
  24. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, you must really like her!

Shrek, coleslawed, dylan and 3 others like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Is her name White Claw?
    Seriously congrats

Shrek, coleslawed, dylan and 5 others like this.