Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 21

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, tbh that’s kind of my life now. I was such a dick head to so many people online and in real life for 15+ years, so anytime I can I try to make it right.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  2. It sure is
    It’s lovely seeing new people around, please stick around!

bigmike likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

that's my bad I have a weird habit of using "they" and "them" even before I had any awareness of preferred pronouns.

I am still here but I honestly don't remember who was all on the old site and who is who since lots of usernames changed.

bigmike likes this.
  4. Dog with a Blog

Hey remember that time you stole hella money from me ?

bigmike, Colby Searcy and GrantCloud like this.
  5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i did not know this

SlappinCups and Dog with a Blog like this.
  6. Dog with a Blog

7. Kiana

I was 14 when I joined AP so I was dumb af lol and still am. I remember posting a comment about like fanfiction or something and got deservingly roasted. I think I was trying to make some ~profound statement that I thought was clever and it was not haha. It's why I bowed out of philosophy and the only reason I passed the class I took was cause my teacher left midyear to become an electrician and we got some poor awkward sub to finish out the term and he gave me an A I didn't deserve. Anyway.

In dating news, my friend is dating someone again and while I think she has questionable taste, part of me admires that she can put herself out there and find people she enjoys enough to date. I haven't met anyone I wanna date in like... Years oop

SlappinCups, coleslawed, LWS and 4 others like this.
  8. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Been on AP/Chorus a long time, definitely sometime during college I found AP, but largely stayed the same; just a lurker a few people on the site know. I'm not the most chatty person.

As for dating, I haven't felt anything towards anyone but a desire for friendship since I had a fiancee years and years and years ago. Never been much of a dater and feel some mild jealousy when friends/co-workers around me talk about dating and relationships, but it often borders on obsessive in how much time they focus on it and I just feel fine not worrying about it (like them constantly checking out people when we're hanging out--like no I don't care how that person looks, we're fucking talking, christ). Seeing a bunch of relatives recently and none bothered me about it anymore, which is a nice change. I've never been much for dating/relationships and that really hasn't ever changed. I get lonely sometimes, but all I want are friends, people I can text when feeling down while I'm curled up on my couch watching whatever. I think that's all I need, honestly.

bigmike, dadbolt, LWS and 4 others like this.
  9. Kiana

I hear u have to leave ur house to date, so I don't. And I know online dating is a thing, but I've had enough coworkers stumble upon clients on there that I would nevvvvver. Part of me thinks I'll have my cute romcom scenario one day lol but reality is I never leave my house and I'm too married to working so I ship myself with Netflix

coleslawed, bigmike, dylan and 2 others like this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

coleslawed, GrantCloud, dylan and 2 others like this.
  11. Dog with a Blog

GrantCloud likes this.
  12. marsupial jones

i'd like to have someone specifically to go on adventures with. like, we would literally only talk or see each other once every few months for a weekend or something to go do random fun things like investigate haunted places or hockey games or shit like that. the rest of the time we wouldn't really exist to each other or get involved in each other's lives. but it seems like no one wants to do that and the only people i meet / become friends or relationship with are instantly 10000% clingy and destroy any chance of that happening.

dadbolt, Kiana, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  13. marsupial jones

that is a true statement. you'd be good in court ma dawg

14. Dog with a Blog

This is def what I want as well. I think I might actually have that with someone back in the Bay Area??? But I’m poor so traveling and stuff is off the table :crylaugh:

15. Shakriel

Yeah, running into a client on a dating app is probably super awkward.

I never leave my apartment either, and don't really want to! My work commute is long-ish (but not horrible) and I have to be around a ton of people during it, so I just prefer not to go anywhere on weekends or after work. I dread getting invites; just let me go home and unwind! Turn on some HGTV because I don't have to focus on it and can dick around online at the same time.

coleslawed, LWS and dylan like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I want to actually do things maybe once a month at most so same

17. Shakriel

I force myself to go to the movie theater when possible as my means of going out. Bought my ticket to see an evening showing of Toy Story 4 on Friday, lol.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and dylan like this.
  18. marsupial jones

We have summer hours at work which means we can leave at noon on Fridays if we want to and I haven’t since this started (3 weeks this past Friday) and likely won’t ever leave early and everyone in my department keeps telling me I should (they all do, 99% of the office does, as they should) and need to and I can’t think of a non-pathetic way to tell them that all I’d do is go home and go to bed because I have nothing to keep me awake because my life is very dull and boring :crylaugh:

Dog with a Blog, dadbolt and Shakriel like this.
  19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah I go to the movies but I don't want to compromise and go when they want to go or see something I don't want to see, same with concerts I just want to do what I want to do when I want to

bigmike and Shakriel like this.
  20. Shakriel

I definitely enjoy going to movies by myself. I choose the time and none of the "well I'd rather see it next week" or something. I wish I could go to concerts since there are some here now and then I'd like to attend, but I'm not fond of crowds and feel awkward in general and doubly so at concerts.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

also it's hard for me to want to date someone when I don't find myself attractive or fun to be around so it's like how do you date when you can't see why someone would want to date you

bigmike, Kiana and Shakriel like this.
  22. Shakriel

Boy do I feel this. Whenever someone asks me what I do outside of work, I'm just like, "well uh....hmmm. you see..."

LWS and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It took me giving up drinking and getting really into fitness to be happy enough with myself to date. I was at the lowest point of depression like three months ago and now I'm the happiest I've ever been with a really swell gal. Putting in the effort to fix myself put me in a position to be successful in talking to gurlz.

24. Kiana

Honestly I listen to people's problems all day and then come home and listen to friends and family's problems so I'd love to have like someone to unwind with and like try a new restaurant or see a concert or movie with but not have the clingyness. But I'm too insecure and anxious to be the fwb or one night stand type.

I was also in an abusive relationship, and as much as I think I've grown and learned a lot from it, sometimes people will point something out in me that make me realize I still have that.... Idk like victim vibe that could attract abusers. and while I think I'm stronger to see abusive men for what they are now and I work with abusers on a daily basis and they're all basically textbook recognizable to me now, it still makes me nervous that I give off that victim flare signal and will attract the wrong person

25. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

coleslawed, bigmike and Ken like this.