Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 203

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Yeah all of our managers get giant chunks of leave upfront each year both sick and annual. The equivalent of 2 months I think. Everyone else gets like 8 hours per month it’s so wild

Edit: lmao I thought this was the “annoyance” tread :crylaugh:

Orla and bigmike like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I need to talk to my bf about how he's unintentionally helping to derail my attempts to lose weight. I have gained a lot of weight since being with him and at least some of that is me adapting to his eating habits. Lots of takeout and dessert and empty calorie drinks. I've lost some of the weight but when I come up to see him I suck at keeping to it. I barely have the willpower to make better choices for food on my own, let alone when I have someone constantly asking me if I want a drink or dessert or whatever. He's not doing it maliciously but I finally had to tell him to stop asking me if I wanted more of a baguette because I barely had the willpower to eat it with moderation on my own let alone if I'm asked multiple times if I want more. He brought home more dessert and dinner for later today and I'm scared to even look at the nutritional label. I appreciate the gesture but it's hard. Then when I said something he tried to be helpful and buy these protein granola bar things but the calorie to protein ratio is pretty bad. We'll probably just need to go shopping together more often so he can see what I look for and what I buy. He's good about going on hikes and walks with me when I ask but the food part is hard cause like I said I barely have the willpower to make the healthier choice in my own internal dialogue let alone when I seemingly have someone just willing to bring me food all the time. We've talked about moving in together in the future and I'm worried it'll obliterate any progress I've made if I don't address it now since my willpower is weak with food

3. i get worried im doing this to my partner. less of her adapting to my unhealthier habits though and more we just have similar unhealthy habits and i’m a lot chiller about it (def a privilege gained from it being much more acceptable in our dumb society being a bigger dude than a bigger non-man)

Yourbiggestflan, Kiana and bigmike like this.
  4. KeynDooee

Living Legend

This is the key. I've been guilty of this with my person. I try to do less of it unless they ask me. I just want them to be happier and worry less about the issue in general.

Kiana likes this.
  5. Kiana

Yeah it's more that I already had unhealthy habits and his habits had sort of exacerbated my existing ones. Now that I've made an effort to be more mindful of my diet and exercise, that gap has widened a lot but yeah I def still have the sucky willpower. I'm worried it'll happen with cleaning too. My rm right now is clean and I've adapted to her habits for the positive. My bf is messier and I worry I'll revert back to those habits more, espesh if I'm in a depressive cycle. I'm cleaner than him but not clean enough to rly have the willpower to stick with it as much on my own

Apparently I'm v easily influenced lol

gonz (Alex) likes this.
  6. TheGuyfkaFringeofLunacy

Trusted Supporter

Really looking for anybody's insight on my current relationship or I guess lack of one now. I was dating my partner for four years now. We had lived together for almost a year and half. A week ago she suddenly decided to move back in with her parents due to a variety of factors that I can talk about. From my side of the contribution to her decision to do that, I think my anxiety and general unhappiness has gone unchecked for too long in my life and it caused a spider web of things from that. Things like getting angry at situations that I can't control (such as having a mouse in our apartment to her bringing a cat home without asking me before). She has quietly suggested before that I should look at going to talk to a therapist to help with this but I never heeded that advice. I think a big issue for both of us was our weed usage and how that not only effected our relationship but my own actions. It helps me with my anxiety outwardly but makes me very insular in my thoughts and not open up about it. It also made us just never really talk or deal with the issues in our relationship in depth or head on. I was already realizing that something needed to change on my end based of those events that happened recently with my anxiety/anger but I think I was too late to that helping with our relationship as it was.

Like I mentioned she moved out about a week ago and I was pretty certain I would never really talk to her again. That changed a bit when we talked the next day when she came and got more her stuff. It went from that to, lets talk some time to figure ourselves out and agree to not talk/date anybody else and just focus on personal growth. Really looking for any sort of advice as I have really been struggling with this whole situation from both my side and what she is now dealing with from the move back in with her parents. I have reached out to a therapist already and have set something up for my first appointment so I have made that step. Also, been listening to Brene Brown's podcast. This probably a super rambling post to read but my thoughts even a week later are really all over the place.

7. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Thread isn’t active anymore, but didn’t know where else to put this

I’m engaged!

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

honestly this rude for not telling me first

ComedownMachine likes this.
  9. Kiana

Me and bf moving in together and I feel like we're one of those annoying HGTV shows where the couples want something completely different and expect the realtor to find something that has it all. My bf is very practical whereas I'm willing to sacrifice some convenience and practicality for a building or area I really love. He's shot down the ones I like the most.

10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I just wanna point out this thread was started 2 years ago and yet nothing in my life has changed yet damn

11. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I got hooked on these a few months ago when I lost the remote in the cushions and its final act of defiance was changing to a channel that aired these shows 24/7 and after watching maybe 8 or 9 of them consecutively I firmly believe none of the couples are couples and have never met each other before and they’re only “direction” is to be a complete 180 from whatever the other person says lol

Guy: “I’d like to live in a very busy city, right in the heart of it and have no problem paying 10K a month for rent and having to shave in the sink at work because there’s no room for a bathroom in this tiny apartment. Totally cool.”

Woman: “I need it to be no louder than the sound of a gerbil eating food at all times and would like to pay no more than 200 a month and live by candle light in a 55,000 square foot five story house while enjoying a four hour horseback ride to work each day.”

Mr. Serotonin, Orla, Crisp X and 4 others like this.
  12. Kiana

Omg stawp this is too relatable rn except I'm the guy willing to live in the sink and my bf wants a mansion for 200 a month.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. Carmen SD

Trusted

Same, at least dating wise. I’ve been single for a little over two years. Went on 1 date. I don’t have good options of men where I live. *shrugging shoulders emoji*.

14. Halitosis Jones Dec 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Dec 26, 2021)
    Halitosis Jones

Too lazy for Fajitas

This isn't a relationship post but a friendship post, but i guess that can fall under this thread too.

My closest friend since high school lives in another state, is married, and has two kids. The past 5 years or so we've gone on/off talking sometimes months to years at a time. i figured we're adults he's doing his thing and i'm doing mine. But i still lent him money when he needed it, let him and his wife sleep on my futon when they come to town, ect. We've grown distant as most adults do with their childhood friends when they get into their 30's, but i've still been there when he's really needed it.

A week ago he texted me a picture of this his new tattoo sleeve right after i've gotten off a long shift and was about to pass out. i just wanted to watch TV before bed, shut my brain off, and I didn't feel like having an extended text conversation, but i felt like it might be rude to not respond so i just said "that's cool".

Tonight at 12am i get a very long text asking if "our friendship has run it's course". Saying I didn't any effort into caring about his tattoo ("you didn't even use punctuation"), I don't talk to him enough, ect. Like it really caught me off guard. Like we're in our 30's with busy fulltime jobs and he's married with a family, live in different states, and we've gone spans of months without talking to eachother for years. i honestly can't help but think feels just out of the blue and kind of bizarre. Especially that this is what is on his mind on Christmas night with his wife and children, that I didn't give him the validation he wanted.

Back in the day he was notorious for ghosting his friends for months even up to year at a time whenever he was in a relationship. He didn't talk to me for like 2 years until his now wife broke up with him and he needed a roommate a decade ago. After he moved out of our place to live out of state with his now wife (they got back together) suddenly 6 months earlier than he originally said he would, and left our other friend literally homeless and me almost homeless to where i was forced to move back into my parents house we didn't talk that much for 5 years after that. Even in those situations I've never initiated a "has our friendship run it's course?" conversation. I don't know what to think about this.

TLDR: My close friend since high school who i've only seen in person three times and text with maybe once every few months since 2013 with no issue or drama just essentially accused me of being emotionally unavailable and gave me a quasi-ultimatum about our friendship because i wasn't enthusiastic enough about his Fallout/Gears of War tattoo sleeve

15. Carmen SD

Trusted

I had a friend that I knew since I was 5. I moved away when I was around 11/12. I went to visit her one year when I was maybe 20 and I think one more time after that. Or maybe it was just that one time. I met up with her mom half way, she didn’t even bother to come. She also didn’t even bother to come along to drop me back off, and made some bogus excuse of “I need to buy the cats food”. Not sure why she didn’t want to come along. We kinda lost touch after that. She sent me a message if I recall saying she felt like I was rude etc and some other bullshit, some stuff in which low key offended me because she didn’t know what I had gone through over the years. Keep in mind this “friend” had a lot more than I had. Anyway, I responded with saying I was just trying to be myself and Idr what else. For a few years after that I would message her “happy birthday” only to get nothing in return. Our bdays are a day apart. I eventually stopped. A few years ago she messages me some time before our bday but I don’t respond. I didn’t know how to take it. For years I feel ignored by her so I just lived my life. Highly doubt she even knows my mother has been gone for years now. It doesn’t bother me that we drifted apart. Even though we’re grown and are busy with our lives and may not have the time to reach out, sometimes something so small like “happy birthday” means something, and getting ignored for years tells me you don’t care to stay friends. I’ve gotten to the point where I don’t even remember it as her bday anymore and it’s just another day.
    Also this is not the only time this happened, kinda. I once had a friend that I lost touch with and I messaged her “hbd”, to not even get a thank you, but “who is this” (probably lost my number cuz that happens). Basically that tells me “fuck you”. I realized I don’t need people like this in my life

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This girl I work with and have had a crush on for two years and I had been talking more and more recently, and it sort of exploded on New Year's Eve for some reason. We talked throughout the weekend, which she said helped because she had to drive her mom to some cancer treatments, and then we hung out last night and it was clear very quickly that we both felt the same way about each other and now I'm just having a very, VERY good morning.

Just wanted to share.

Orla, Crisp X, waking season and 4 others like this.
  17. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

2021 might be close to being the best year of me and my wife's 12ish years together. We found new and fun ways to enjoy intimacy and have had a lot of fun watching our toddler grow.

18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Hopefully not simultaneously

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

colby

20. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  21. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Orla, Ken, Mr. Serotonin and 3 others like this.
  22. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Not gonna lie, I read “toddler” as some siiiiiick new euphemism lmao

[​IMG]

23. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Orla and Colby Searcy like this.
  24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

this is the bad place

Orla, Ken, Mr. Serotonin and 2 others like this.
  25. Carmen SD

Trusted

Any okc users here? Is it just me or did match searches disappear for you? Now I only see recommended, vaccinated, and passport, where I use to use online, match percentage, and a few others that are paid features. Also the people that you report don’t show up on privacy tab for hidden anymore