Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 201

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My bf has good eyesight privilege which I just decided is a thing. He has like no concept of the reality of poor eyesight lmao. Like we'll be out and about and he'll ask me if I can drive home but he's like "wait but did you put your contacts in today??" Like I would ever leave the house without glasses or contacts. Or he'll try to be helpful by reminding me to put my glasses on before I leave the house when I'm already wearing contacts

Like bro. You can always assume if I'm not laying in bed that I have glasses or contacts. This isn't a "sometimes I wear reading glasses if I feel like it" situation haha I could not function otherwise

disambigujason likes this.
  2. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Nothing wrong with being single, people... lmao

3. Carmen SD

Trusted

Came across a guy on hinge that said he was “extremely sarcastic”. So he’s low key possibly verbally abusive?

anyway I’ve been chatting with a guy on bumble and he hasn’t ghosted me yet. I usually get ghosted by now. But I have extreme anxiety when we meet that he’ll find me ugly like the last guy I met nearly a year ago.

4. cherrywaves

Trusted

Every other person I come across on the apps is “fluent in sarcasm” or some stupid bullshit like that. It’s quite common.

5. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

"Just a Pam/Jim looking for my Jim/Pam"

6. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

'i'm a savage looking for my miss elizabeth' has been my new pickup line on the apps, and it's been working... oooooh yeah!!

7. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i always message these people saying, “you should probably rewatch the series closely if you think this is a good thing to look for” and people get so pissed lmao

GrantCloud, waking season and bigmike like this.
  8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

damn you the cameraman?

9. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Update on my dating life in the last year:

nothing new to report

Yourbiggestflan likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I was going to say “the man has a name!” but legit can’t think of it. Nate? Nick? Brett? Mark? Brian?

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Joined Hinge again after like, a year. And man is it a bummer. I'm convinced I'm just a picky dude.

Mayra likes this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Prolly one of those. Maybe even a combo.

GrantCloud and Ken like this.
  14. Carmen SD

Trusted

Well, I think guy I’ve been chatting with on bumble is ghosting me now. I jinxed it. Shouldn’t have said anything.

15. Carmen SD

Trusted

Guy from bumble finally responded. But I’m questioning whether or not I should continue to talk to him. I got short responses and took him nearly a week to respond to my last message. I didn’t even get a “sorry for the late response” or anything but a reply to my mine. Considering the lengthy time it took him to respond compared to other messages, I’m getting the feels he’s not interested anymore and wondering if I should just not respond to see if he’ll say anything or wait for him to unmatch me. Or if I should just unmatch him without saying anything and maybe he’ll take a hint. Or say something. If someone wants to talk to you, they will. And I’m not getting that feeling from him

16. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

Swinging 0 for 3 this year, every girl I've talked to I thought would become something serious has told me "I'm just not in the right place for a relationship right now." Either there's something wrong with me or I'm just going for the wrong women. :/

17. Kiana

Not really dating, but there's this guy who works at my gym and we have followed each other on Instagram for a while and seem to have politics and tv shows and things in common and I made the naive mistake of thinking he just seemed like a cool guy for a friend but he increasingly messages or comments more flirtatious stuff that I have a harder time dismissing or justifying as maybe miscommunicated platonic messages. Last time I went during his shift he messaged me a flirtatious thing about wanting to see me in person more and it makes me not want to go to the gym during his shift because I don't want to deal with the awkwardness and his shift is in the morning before I go to work so now I feel like I can't go to the gym in the morning

18. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Yeah I hate this stuff, huge societal problem even with dating which is less... unintentionally predatory than most casual interactions.

I found when I was single, it was always better to just keep things 100% platonic or just be upfront about intentions. The vague flirty messaging just doesn't work from any angle.

19. Carmen SD

Trusted

Tinder guy I meant to swipe left on is trying so hard to make himself look like a “good match”. I straight up told him I wasn’t looking for someone who’s into “casual” at this age, but then he said “I’m also looking for something serious”... dude just didn’t get it. I want someone who knows what they want. But hey it’s tinder right. He also low key ignored some “qualities” I told him I look for with a response that doesn’t necessarily say he shares those qualities.

20. Kiana

Yeeeah I don't post many pics of my boyfriend but now I'm like uhh maybe I'll just post one of us soon and he'll get the hint? Like he seems like a good guy and we have mutuals but I'm awkward and I don't wanna deal with it when I didn't do anything but mind my own business!

21. Carmen SD

Trusted

Started chatting with a guy on tinder. Found his Facebook and creeped it. He was previously engaged and also had a wedding planned during the pandemic but postponed it. I wonder what happened

22. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Could always ask.

GrantCloud and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  23. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Back in my single days it was very common for people to ask me if I had ever been engaged or married

24. Carmen SD

Trusted

“Umm so i found you on fb and creeped it and saw you were previously engaged. So...what happened”. I need to work that into the conversation somehow instead of just blurting it out lol

25. uuu

dumb idiot ignore me

Honestly that would work for me.

Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.