Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 199

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. I think I'm gonna take her to MOMA or the Whitney

David87 likes this.
  2. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

haha well I was hoping to see if anyone else had any other creative ideas for a quarantine Vday besides sex and 80s party. We’re making a weekend out of it so I didn’t know if anyone knew any games that are fun for couples to play (though she’s not much of a board game or video game person) or even sexy romantic stuff or etc.

I was trying to figure out a way to incorporate our historic restaurant tradition but the place closest to here isn’t doing curbside pickup bleh

hermanthehermit likes this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Make history yourselves by making a good dinner. You can create some ambience and pretend you're at a restaurant lol

djwildefire and David87 like this.
  4. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

bath bombs and champagne. no plans otherwise. would love to go out in nature somewhere but idk where.

5. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

cooking a nice meal is a good idea, love cooking when you get to do it with other people.

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

hmm...we DO have a faux-candelabra hahh

7. LastBlues

what is dating? an ancient tradition of some sort?

8. Carmen SD

Trusted

Dating is so difficult. I’m still not feeling a vibe with this one guy I’ve been chatting with. The more “research” I did on him, he seems a little too immature for me. And he smokes. I don’t want a smoker or any kind. And I don’t want someone to feel obligated to stop. It comes off as desperate. He comes off as desperate. He keeps trying to plan things. Ugh

9. djwildefire

Trusted

Sushi Go and Bananagrams are good 2-player games. The former is a simple but fun card game, the latter is kind of like speed scrabble. And then of course Twister might put you in some new positions ;-)

And then, I don’t know if you’ve taken one of these quizzes with your partner before, but it can be fun and you might discover something you didn’t know you’d both be into. I don’t remember the specific one I used but here’s a thread with a few options: https://www.reddit.com/r/sex/comments/5dkr2n/sexual_compatibility_test_2_person_quiz_updated/

David87 and Colby Searcy like this.
  10. LastBlues

a vibe is personally important for me. even if I don't understand why, if there's no magic, connection. strong feeling, whatever, I don't want to pursue or invest in a relationship with such a person.

Carmen SD likes this.
  11. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

oooh this is interesting. Thank you!

12. Carmen SD

Trusted

Yes. I’ve tried to get to know him but I’m not feeling it. It’s not worth trying to force something and meet up and waste time if it’s not going to go anywhere. And that’s how i feel. I don’t see it going anywhere. I need to tell him. I’m not good with this stuff.

13. LastBlues

I wish you good luck with this situation. yeah its hard.

14. LastBlues

random thought: I wish I didn't get crushes on coworkers so often. maybe its just because I spend so much time with them and I'm lonely? idk. its just i dont meet people outside of work often lol and the people at work are so nice and funny and such.

15. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Don't be discouraged by dating co-workers. I'm proof that it can definitely work out haha

16. LastBlues

id be interested to hear your story, if you dont mind sharing, that is.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

I'm an open book so I don't mind at all.

I'm going to preface with saying this was a retail job so that may be a different situation. Anyway I had dated several co-workers before this and those didn't work out, this time it was different though. In fact, I was dating someone at the time and broke up with her so I could pursue a relationship with my now wife. Shortly after breaking up with that girlfriend I started dating my wife and we still worked together for 2 1/2 years and practically lived together from the beginning too so take my situation with a grain. We had no issues working together and our work knew, as long as we weren't a supervisor over the other there was no problems.

12 years later, married for 8, and 3 kids, we're still going strong.

18. LastBlues

wow. love works in mysterious ways!!! haha. but yeah i guess it depends then...lots of people dont want to work together but yeah guess anything is possible!

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. Colby Searcy

For sure. I get it, a lot of people find working together as a complete non starter but it worked for us and realize maybe I'm the weird one haha. My point is more don't let that discourage you, it's worth a shot to try if both of you are in the same page and open with it

LastBlues likes this.
  20. Jbent

Trusted

2 tickets to the aquarium secured for vday, as well as reservations at a restaurant that's usually closed on sundays. Hell yes boys lets go out there and appreciate, respect, and show gratitude towards our significant others! :heart::heart::heart:

Colby Searcy likes this.
  21. Carmen SD

Trusted

He keeps messaging me trying to meet up. I haven’t responded yet. I’m trying to find the best words to basically say “not feeling the vibe” along with how there are some small things that are “dealbreakers” for me.

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

what if you just told him that you’re not feeling a connection and would rather seek other options?

23. djwildefire

Trusted

I’d say be direct but don’t need to give specific reasons

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. Carmen SD

Trusted

I’ve been thinking of the best way to word it before I respond. I don’t want to take too long tho!

cherrywaves likes this.
  25. Carmen SD

Trusted

In the beginning I was straight forward. I don’t want to be around a smoker of any kind (which I told him but then he said he didn’t have to, and I don’t want someone to feel obligated to stop just to date someone- and it just came off as low key desperate.)And he’s indecisive on kids In the future. I don’t want kids. Don’t want to pursue anything with someone who will down the road want kids and I wasted my time. He knew those things