Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 187

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Grant is gonna get Smash Mouth and dress up as Shrek

GrantCloud likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

U know ur an adult when someone already owning a washer and dryer is a v attractive quality

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I sold mine because my current apartment has them included, but now I'm planning to move out this year. Smh

4. Kiana

They're babe magnets

All you single men just post a pic of ur washer and dryer and see them all flock to u

5. Kiana

He's making us late. I don't think he's ever seen the mental breakdown I have when I'm late somewhere. It will be interesting.

6. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Matched with this girl on Facebook dating and soon after getting her number to set up a date she deleted her dating account. Idk whether to feel good or extremely nervous lol

7. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Is she responding to you at least?

8. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Nope so idk what happened in the 10 minutes from giving me her number lol

Colby Searcy and waking season like this.
  9. Kiana

It's so odd dating someone where like you get in an argument and they can admit they're wrong without a bunch of weird manipulation and gaslighting and sobbing for an hour in emotional and mental anguish.

I'm still adjusting to not being single. We don't see each other like every day cause he lives an hour away, but sometimes I have to suppress my commitment issues. They're not like "cheat on ur partner" kind of commitment issues, I guess I'm just so used to being single and stuff and I'm an introvert so sometimes I get that desire to retreat.

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I definitely understand that sentiment.

for awhile it seemed like every woman I dated or was in a relationship with jumped it from 0-100 in less than a week. A lot of awkward conversations where I’m like, “look, most days the only people I talk to are coworkers and there are weekends where the only noise from my apartment is the tv or music and I wonder if by Monday I’ll have the strength in my vocal cords to speak because I don’t make a sound because it’s just me here. So going from that to talking every night for hours or hanging out every day is a bit much for me.”

I feel like everyone says they understand and appreciate solo / alone time but fuuuuuck if I ever meet these people in real life who like doing that.

11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Damn that's right, sorry to hear! :(

Professor Plumbob likes this.
  12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Married with a kid... you’ll learn to love that alone time. I mean not all the time but every once in a while it’s just the best

Colby Searcy likes this.
  13. eight30

Regular

I have been feeling this exact way and have been struggling with it so thanks for sharing. I thought I wanted a relationship but now that I'm in one, I'm not so sure.

Kiana likes this.
  14. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

29 and about to get a divorce after almost 8 years. We have a 3 year old son together; it's gonna hurt like crazy, i can already tell. As i write this I'm sitting in my friend's empty but furnished apartment where he's letting me stay. He left PA and went home to Chicago once COVID hit. It's a lifesaver because it's really hard to find a place around here right now and I'm trying to be as close to the house as possible so i can be there for my son. The constant stress of finding a place to live after my wife gave me an ultimatum of when to leave is finally dissipating.

I know that I'm nowhere near ready to date. That feels so foreign to me since we've been together all of our 20s. This is a whole new phase of life for me. Gotta learn what it's like to live alone for once. I know I need to wait before i jump into something, but I'm already feeling lonely and just need to write somewhere that it's ok to be single and take a good hard look at myself before getting involved with anyone new.

Colby Searcy and waking season like this.
  15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Best of luck man. I divorced at 30 and our son was 2. It sucks, but it does get better.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  16. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Thanks, man. That's good to hear. I've got hope for the future. I know we both need space, so right now it's the best thing we can do, but the grieving process is still tough. I know we'll all get through it and honestly believe we'll be better for it on the other side.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Is it amicable? Are you able to see the kid somewhat regularly? There was a lot of on/off tension in ours, but overall it's been good. Once COVID started and everything shut down, we started spending more time together because we're both home all the time, so we go on walks with our son etc. Fortunate we don't hate each others guts and get to do stuff like this.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Yeah, overall we are pretty amicable and are striving to keep it that way. She wants full custody and I'm going to give it to her (long story) since i don't feel like i have any other option. I'm worried we won't keep spending time together after she has custody. Just keep praying she doesn't go off the deep end and withold him over time. Right now she wants me to be an active part in his life. I'm a good dad; i know that and so does she. All the "what-if" scenarios scare the shit out of me so i just keep focusing on the best thing to do in the moment. Using a mediator, so that's gonna be hard to work through, but i think we are both committed to staying civil.

Walks together are a big part of our plan to stay connected as a "family" of sorts. That's cool that it's a big thing for you guys as well!

19. Kiana

He's meeting my family this weekend which I kinda hate because I hate world's colliding and I'm very private and I hate it. But I will rip the band aid off and then they'll never see him again until we get married or break up or die or something. It'll be fine. It's just gonna be initial anxiety. Espesh cause my last bf was a total loser which can work in one of two ways: either the bar is so low that anybody is great to them in comparison, or they'll be extra vigilant cause they know I have a history of trash taste. I don't think they'll dislike him, I'm just super private so I hate it.

bigmike, mad, Mary V and 1 other person like this.
  20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Bumble is definitely my least favorite of the big three

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Didn't know where else to post this

Ken, Colby Searcy, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I agree, although I’m blanking at which one is the third lol outside of tinder. I like Bumble in concept but most of my girlfriends hate the concept of messaging first so a lot of my matches go unmessaged. I’ve had great dates with people I’ve met on there but it’s so long for me to get a match that leads to conversation in comparison with other apps.

waking season likes this.
  23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Met my girlfriend of 2 years on bumble!!!

24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

this is why dating apps are a lost cause lmao

the girls on them are fucking caits caliber
    And the men are.....you

(:heart:)

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh: