2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 179

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It was weird cause I didn't want to have any of the conversations actually because I get worked up and passionate easily lol but he was asking me questions and wanted to learn. I actually had him pretty sold but then he talked to a male friend who kind of pulled him back over a bit. It'll be a work in progress. I'm trying to think of a good book to recommend him but I'm blanking

supernovagirl, Ken, bigmike and 3 others like this.
  2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

3. I can't stop thinking about this

4. Kiana

If he ever meets my parents it will be so boring in comparison lol

5. Mr. Serotonin

Everyone thinks that haha

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Supporter

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  7. Jacob

Σ of n from 1 to 36 is pretty metal Prestigious

My girlfriend kicked me and poureeed beer on m m aim sad

8. Jacob

I’m sad

9. Jacob

I don’t like beer being poured on me

10. Jacob Mar 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2020)
    Jacob

I’m more upset about being kicked tbh
    She’s upset I’m posting here

11. Jacob

im Not happy would lik an outd tyty

12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm blown away how well things are going.

Ken likes this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

I thought it was unlikely anyone on here watched it, haha. I love that show.

Signifire likes this.
  14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Saw each other for the third time last night. When we were making plans earlier, she suggested we wear PJs and get in bed and watch TV. She also brought over homemade cannoli. :hearteyes:

A lot of the dread that I pictured in my head in regards to dating someone new was going out, finding a mutual place to eat/drink, etc. What a relief we can just relax. She mentioned last night that it's weird that she feels like shes known me forever even though we've only seen each a handful of times.

RyanRyan, waking season, Ben and 6 others like this.
  15. Rob Hughes

I wish you'd love me for life

is this that weezer song?

:musical:The girl in the pastry shop with the net in her hair is making a cannoli for you:musical:

16. Mr. Serotonin

lol I love that song

17. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Girl I’m talking to was originally going to a show today that got cancelled and she said she’s free to hang out. I feel like I should hang out but I also want to go to the store to stock up on shit and I’m anxious one of us might be sick and not know it.

Ken likes this.
  18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

*gets coronavirus*
    AEBF585D-5F13-46DF-B186-52E6EF437B70.gif

19. Kiana

Guy got mad cause he picked another argument with me about sexism. Idk what he expects to happen?? My beliefs won't change. My political beliefs are part of me so like.... Idk what to tell you. He gets mad that I'm not changing my world view. Like okay but you're not changing yours either and I'm not getting mad at you until you start picking fights. He doesn't get individual experiences vs structural and societal experiences. He thinks I'm dismissing his feelings. And I'm like... I hear your experience and I empathize and it's not okay that it happened, but it's not sexism against men. Men's rights isn't a thing. Then he started talking about how women's privilege is getting free stuff via being objectified and I got upset and legit offended anyone would consider objectification a benefit to be reaped and anyway he got mad and left in his car. He's like "it bothers me that people could think you're sexist and they'd be right. I would have no argument against it." And I'm like ok if that matters that other people might think I'm sexist and that's a dealbreaker for you then like go. I'm sure lots of anti choice ppl think I'm a baby killer too and I mean.... IDGAF. Kanye shrug.

20. Kiana

Like I'd even get it if he was venting or confiding in me about a personal experience and I started being dismissive and then it turned into an argument. I would never chime in with like "well ACTUALLY that's not sexism" if he was confiding or recounting something that happened to him. But that's not what's happening. he's like bringing it up out of nowhere and wanting to argue it and then getting mad at me. Like duuuude. I'm not being like a "militant" feminist and wanting to argue it and bring it up. I don't even want to have the discussion at all.

Ken, Joe4th, cherrywaves and 4 others like this.
  21. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

You’re fighting the good fight, @Kiana. I showed that post to my girlfriend and she just kinda said “girl I get it and I’m so sorry.”

Ken, Joe4th, cherrywaves and 6 others like this.
  22. thenewmatthewperry

angry black man Prestigious

@Kiana I had an exhaustive and exhausting argument/discussion with my white boyfriend today about racism and reverse racism. It was grueling and left me feeling vulnerable but I did make progress. We’ve been dating about a year now and his position has changed for the better. I found that talking about class has made him more sympathetic to understanding/receptive to ideas of systemic prejudice across other lines. There may be hope, I do believe love can open eyes and I hope things get better for you.

Ken, supernovagirl, Kiana and 3 others like this.
  23. Kiana

Thanks! We talked it out and it's better. Still progress to make but better. It'll be ongoing

Ken, supernovagirl and bigmike like this.
  24. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oof @Kiana you must rly like this guy to set aside all those red flags lmaooo
    Like I’m baffled that once he insinuated you could be “seen as sexist” you weren’t like boy bye

but like I’m literally queen of ignoring red flags so it’s not like I’m judging you lol. It’s admirable that you think you can change his views and I hope you’re right and get him to come around.

Ken and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  25. Kiana

He ended up asking a female feminist friend of his which both helped clarify what I was trying to say and gave me some hope that he's trying in good faith. We shall see.