Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 177

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

oh so I come off that way online too I guess hahahahaha

2. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah I mean music makes sense as a deal breaker in my opinion but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t like what you like. It just means that person isn’t right for you.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

no I had no idea you were into Phoebe and the 1975 you never talk about them

4. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

What am I suppose to?!?! Not talk about them?!?

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My tinder experiences taught me that men who like Phoebe Bridgers kinda suck. Now I know not to hinge all that much on taste

6. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Honestly true the one person I kinda liked on bumble or whatever had great taste in music but he suckkkkedddddd

iCarly Rae Jepsen, bigmike and Kiana like this.
  7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Never really thought about it like this but fuck that is me to a T. It’s hard for me to be interested in someone when they aren’t passionate about some form of art.

Mary V and bigmike like this.
  8. cherrywaves

Trusted

Update: I told her I had fun and wanted to do it again and hit me with the “I’m busy with work coming up so I’ll let you know” like damn lol just tell me you’re not interested

bigmike, waking season and Kiana like this.
  9. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Idk for me I don’t need people to be into music that I’m into — I mean, I saw drowning pool, sevendust, and boy hits car because she loved them and she had a creed tattoo — but I need my partner to understand WHY I like what I like. For me my partner needs to be passionate about something because I like learning what people are passionate about. But, it definitely helped forge a quick bond with my girlfriend that we went to the same warped tour 15 years ago and went to a lot of the same shows without knowing each other at all.

10. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I dont care if they like the same music but if they weren’t into live concerts/festivals that would be a deal breaker. I’d go to a country concert with a girl no problem provided she was up for some warped tour-ish event.

bigmike likes this.
  11. cherrywaves

Trusted

My ex and I didn't have a ton of musical overlap, and that's totally fine! Plus when I eventually get my heart broken I don't have a bunch of negative associations to go with my favorite bands. Win-win!

Kiana, bigmike and Mrplum5089 like this.
  12. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

And you both get to show each other new artists!

cherrywaves likes this.
  13. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

14. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

For my current situation we had some music taste overlap already (like a former favorite band that shall remain nameless) and some other emo scene type. But then he got me into a lotttt of music. But I geniunely like it all. And the stuff I don’t like he just listens to when I’m not around bc there’s so much we both like that we just listen to that stuff. And I like that arrangement hah. Also I get him into stuff like Hayley Williams, paramore, all time low, mayday parade, a thrice song lol, etc so we both listen to the others suggestions. He just has way more music I don’t know about so I’m happy for that lol. Also I would need someone to go to shows with. I don’t go very often but I like doing that with my partner so we have to connect in that way

anyway there’s the novel no one asked for quarantine is going great

speaking of which boredom and loneliness had me reactivating Facebook dating and it’s already a mistake lmao sigh

Mrplum5089, mad and bigmike like this.
  15. mad

I was right. Prestigious

my ideal s/o has some overlap but it's more important to me that they care about music the same way I do

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think having to like the same stuff as far as movies/music/tv is pretty surface level and not meaningful in the long run.

Me and Cait have totally different tastes in nearly everything and are coming up on 2 years! I love her now more than ever!

I used to be a big believer in the person had to like the same stuff as me but just because we like the same dumb band doesn't make them a good life partner. Idk.

ncarrab, bigmike and Colby Searcy like this.
  17. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Facebook Dating was a MESS when I was on it

Yeah I slightly miss it

supernovagirl and bigmike like this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yep, there's way more to a lasting relationship to me than things like music taste

oldjersey likes this.
  19. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

self isolation tinder might actually be worth it

20. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Curious / genuine - Do you (all of you) talk with significant others / friends about music? I don’t think I ever have and growing up I was friends with people who were in bands and toured so you’d think that would be a major talking point but it never was lol.

most conversations are just “who’s this playing?” *answer* “oh okay”. Or “I like this band/song/genre” *yeah me too* like, there’s no deep dive into anything lol. Do those conversations exist?

21. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Most of my friends it goes something like this: “so do people like do that “moshing” thing at the concerts you go to?”

Yes

“You seem so innocent I never pegged you as into violence like that”

22. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

I miss stage diving

Colby Searcy likes this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

I have friends who I can geek out over music with, but up until college APnet/B9 were the only places I felt I could talk about music endlessly.

24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Oh golly. I finally figured it out. New girl at work in my department (who I’ve only met via Teams video chat since we’re all WFH) looks juuuuuuuust like an ex-girlfriend from high school. Actually surprised it took me this long to make the connection (she started two weeks ago).

25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit I didn’t realize it was coming up on 2 years for y’all as well. Congrats, my dude!
    Yeah my girlfriend and I talk a lot about various music when we’re in the car and we geek out about it. But, we do that about all the things we’re passionate about. I yammer are her about beer and wine and she does the same about clothes and hair and whatnot. More just geeking out about our passions and given our music tastes overlap by a whole lot music is apart of that.

supernovagirl, Mary V, mad and 2 others like this.