Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 176

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I bet are ton of people are on them with this free time but planning a meetup (no one knows) how far out would be challenging.

supernovagirl likes this.
  2. Carmen SD

Trusted

I don’t remember if I posted this here or in a support group. I did an “experiement” a while back. I used an “inactive” dating profile (no content) and changed my location/search to a completely different state and city, just to see if people suck in general or if it’s really my area . And let me tell you, it was like a whole different species of men. I hardly cringed as I was browsing, unlike my area. So when I say the dating pool in my area is bad, it -really- is that BAD. I can’t speak for other areas I didn’t search. A large part of me wants to give up, because I know it’s not worth wasting my time, and I just end up complaining. It’s hard to accept I’m equivalent to the item on the shelf no one wants even in a pandemic. No matter how hard I try to meet people, I’m never worth it. This is the cards I’ve been dealt. I have to live with it. Its the price of being real life ugly (that is a whole different topic/discussion for another thread dealing with my mental health issues) It’s very difficult beyond anyone’s understanding. Anyway I’ll just go away now. I just needed to get some feelings out.

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

You think people are meeting on dating sites/apps and having zoom first dates?

4. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

for hilarity sake, I hope so

GrantCloud and supernovagirl like this.
  5. cherrywaves

Trusted

I had my first FaceTime date last night. Up until that point we had been texting a lot, and the call itself seemed to go well, but she needed to go after a little less than an hour and haven't really heard from her since. Have no clue what went wrong but it's not promising lol

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

did you have a nice backdrop?

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Haha no I was just lying in bed. It was kind of a last minute thing and I didn't plan anything specific but maybe I should have?

8. Mr. Serotonin Apr 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2020)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I woulda had massive mountains of Toilet Paper and stacks of gold as my background. Maybe even Tiger in the corner, who knows.

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

At least a skyline dude, c'mon!!

supernovagirl likes this.
  10. cherrywaves

Trusted

For whatever reason anytime I try to have a virtual background on zoom, it will turn me into the background and leave my wall/window untouched. I think that would be a pretty good bit hah

Mr. Serotonin and supernovagirl like this.
  11. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my background is random Nickelodeon shows

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  12. mad

I was right. Prestigious

being on facetime/skype for a first date sounds like a nightmare to me

13. cherrywaves

Trusted

yeah it is not my preferred method and it wasn't my idea haha. Idk I don't have a ton of ideas for how to navigate this during the pandemic

bigmike and waking season like this.
  14. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Idk how people do long distance, any tips?

15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I did it for like 6 months and it wasn’t always easy but the biggest thing was having regular Skype dates. I think it’s helpful to change up what you’re doing on dates too, sometimes it’s good to just talk but you could also watch a movie together or cook and have dinner if that’s your thing. We were also together for a little before so I think that helped things a bit too since it wasn’t long distance from the outset.

ComedownMachine and bigmike like this.
  16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it’s not something I’d do again unless there was an end date for distance or at least a plan that you’d be in the area eventually

ComedownMachine likes this.
  17. ItsJoe

Joe

Here's an interesting question. Is having a similar taste in music a deal breaker?

For me, my last serious girl-friend and me had different tastes in music. She enjoyed a lot of pop music, and wasn't very interested in sub culture music, especially anything "heavy". Funnily enough she brought it up when she broke up with me over the phone. After that I was very self conscious about what I was listening to, so much so I didn't listen to some of that music as frequently as I would. she wasn't interested in. Is that ridiculous?

18. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Like what you like. The end.

19. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah that’s a pretty ridiculous thing to throw at you during a phone call break up

20. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

i dont care if someone doesn't like the same music as me necessarily. however, they have to care about it to some capacity.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I would need to be with someone who is into music and movies to some degree, my taste is varied enough that there aren't specific bands that are necessary or dealbreakers

22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This 100%. I like dating people with different tastes in music, it’s gotten me into artists I probably wouldn’t have otherwise. But yeah they definitely need to care about music.

bigmike, cherrywaves, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  23. thesoftskeleton

Trusted

Probably least favorite version of this is pedestrian. Like people who say they like whatever is on radio or “like everything” I mean I like everything too from Ariana grande to Russian shoegaze but like we are not the same. As someone who is nothing but the extension of their passions I fail to understand it which just comes down the results we aren’t compatible people.

mad, bigmike, Mary V and 4 others like this.
  24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

The only time it sucks is when they wanna control the music in the car

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I am envious of how passionate you can be

thesoftskeleton likes this.