Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 175

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I don’t like beer being poured on me

2. ReginaPhilange Mar 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2020)
    ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I’m more upset about being kicked tbh
    She’s upset I’m posting here

3. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

im Not happy would lik an outd tyty

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm blown away how well things are going.

Ken likes this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I thought it was unlikely anyone on here watched it, haha. I love that show.

Signifire likes this.
  6. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Saw each other for the third time last night. When we were making plans earlier, she suggested we wear PJs and get in bed and watch TV. She also brought over homemade cannoli. :hearteyes:

A lot of the dread that I pictured in my head in regards to dating someone new was going out, finding a mutual place to eat/drink, etc. What a relief we can just relax. She mentioned last night that it's weird that she feels like shes known me forever even though we've only seen each a handful of times.

RyanRyan, waking season, Ben and 6 others like this.
  7. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

is this that weezer song?

:musical:The girl in the pastry shop with the net in her hair is making a cannoli for you:musical:

8. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

lol I love that song

9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Girl I’m talking to was originally going to a show today that got cancelled and she said she’s free to hang out. I feel like I should hang out but I also want to go to the store to stock up on shit and I’m anxious one of us might be sick and not know it.

Ken likes this.
  10. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

*gets coronavirus*
    AEBF585D-5F13-46DF-B186-52E6EF437B70.gif

11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Guy got mad cause he picked another argument with me about sexism. Idk what he expects to happen?? My beliefs won't change. My political beliefs are part of me so like.... Idk what to tell you. He gets mad that I'm not changing my world view. Like okay but you're not changing yours either and I'm not getting mad at you until you start picking fights. He doesn't get individual experiences vs structural and societal experiences. He thinks I'm dismissing his feelings. And I'm like... I hear your experience and I empathize and it's not okay that it happened, but it's not sexism against men. Men's rights isn't a thing. Then he started talking about how women's privilege is getting free stuff via being objectified and I got upset and legit offended anyone would consider objectification a benefit to be reaped and anyway he got mad and left in his car. He's like "it bothers me that people could think you're sexist and they'd be right. I would have no argument against it." And I'm like ok if that matters that other people might think I'm sexist and that's a dealbreaker for you then like go. I'm sure lots of anti choice ppl think I'm a baby killer too and I mean.... IDGAF. Kanye shrug.

12. Kiana

Like I'd even get it if he was venting or confiding in me about a personal experience and I started being dismissive and then it turned into an argument. I would never chime in with like "well ACTUALLY that's not sexism" if he was confiding or recounting something that happened to him. But that's not what's happening. he's like bringing it up out of nowhere and wanting to argue it and then getting mad at me. Like duuuude. I'm not being like a "militant" feminist and wanting to argue it and bring it up. I don't even want to have the discussion at all.

Ken, Joe4th, cherrywaves and 4 others like this.
  13. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

You’re fighting the good fight, @Kiana. I showed that post to my girlfriend and she just kinda said “girl I get it and I’m so sorry.”

Ken, Joe4th, cherrywaves and 6 others like this.
  14. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

@Kiana I had an exhaustive and exhausting argument/discussion with my white boyfriend today about racism and reverse racism. It was grueling and left me feeling vulnerable but I did make progress. We’ve been dating about a year now and his position has changed for the better. I found that talking about class has made him more sympathetic to understanding/receptive to ideas of systemic prejudice across other lines. There may be hope, I do believe love can open eyes and I hope things get better for you.

Ken, supernovagirl, Kiana and 3 others like this.
  15. Kiana

Thanks! We talked it out and it's better. Still progress to make but better. It'll be ongoing

Ken, supernovagirl and bigmike like this.
  16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Oof @Kiana you must rly like this guy to set aside all those red flags lmaooo
    Like I’m baffled that once he insinuated you could be “seen as sexist” you weren’t like boy bye

but like I’m literally queen of ignoring red flags so it’s not like I’m judging you lol. It’s admirable that you think you can change his views and I hope you’re right and get him to come around.

Ken and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  17. Kiana

He ended up asking a female feminist friend of his which both helped clarify what I was trying to say and gave me some hope that he's trying in good faith. We shall see.

18. Kiana

Ok more riveting developments. He thinks my thinking is too rigid and I think his is too rigid. He thinks of things as very factual, literal and black and white. I think more in theory and interpretation. I had him read some of the foreword of the newest edition of "this bridge called my back" (which is amazing btw) and he kept saying I was wrong because it's not what literally was written. And I'm like broseph that's how I interpret what they wrote. It's theory. Theory can be interpreted different ways. It's why it's theory.

So maybe that's some of the problem. Hmm. I'm pretty sure every time I say "well it depends. It's more complex than that" he dies inside.

Killing men slowly from the inside, one at a time

19. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Oof that is one way to kill a man lol

that line - “it’s more complex than that” literally made me cringe. But I was thinking of it in terms of work projects because I hear everyone say that a lot, not in the context of what you’ve been posting, but just know that he’s, that phrase can kill people (the speed of it depends on how much someone has already heard it in their life lol)

20. good praxis in the time of pandemic

an inspiration

21. Carmen SD

Trusted

Every time I think I found someone, I either get ghosted out of know where (like the convo is going well and you respond, then ask a question and never hear from them again) or they do drugs. The majority where I live does drugs! I'm working on coming to terms that I'll be alone forever, but its so hard, because I know I'll eventually need someone by my side when I start taking a turn for the worst. I need to give up and stop wasting my time.

edit: on a side note my on call job there is this guy that works in a different department that I happen to find really cute. It's strange because I feel shy around him (instead of awkward, I usually feel awkward around guys), and that hasn't happen since I was in like middle school. I don't know how old he is and I'm guessing he is no older than 23 or 24? I know nothing about him except he likes star wars.

22. Iago Mar 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 26, 2020)
    Iago

forbidden chalice.

I've been talking to this girl from Bumble every day for the past 5 days and we've been on 2+ hour long video calls every day since Monday and it's been the greatest thing ever. She kicks my butt at chess and Scrabble, she's a classically trained bassist, she skates, she paints, omg. She has this super strong independent aura about her but also she's super wholesome and sweet. I think she's genuinely one of the most attractive people, inside and out, that I've met and she always texts back first right after the call to say she had a great time, even when I'm moments away from saying the same thing!! I really hope this works out.

23. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

lmao I was cleaning out a junk email folder and saw a very recent email from Match.com saying something like, “now is the perfect time to meet a stranger” and I’m like goddamn Match.com learn to read the fucking room.

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I was wondering how it’s looking out there on the dating apps right now. Not that I have any reason to be on them being married. Just wondered how they are affected

25. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Super stoked about this exchange omg

upload_2020-3-27_11-11-37.png