Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 174

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Sounds nuts, haha. I guess what I mean is, out of all the girls I ever dated - even my wife - I've never really formally had a first date. Any relationship I've ever been in - or any girl I ever had a fling with or whatever - it all started out as a friendship or organically where we'd see each other out, hang out with friends or whatever. But I've never truly been on like an official first date with anyone. The closest thing I can recall is going out with a girl to a Karaoke night - which is FAR out of my comfort zone - but even then, that girl and I had hung out several times before in a larger, group setting.

I feel like if I ever had to go on a true first date (like first time meeting someone - or first time spending time with someone) i'd be an absolute MESS before, during and after.

Colby Searcy, Ken and supernovagirl like this.
  2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah man, it was something else and as an introvert, completely out of my comfort zone. But we talked for four hours and laughed, flirted, made out, so I'd say it went well. Excited to see where it goes.

Ken and ncarrab like this.
  3. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

995C7319-33B1-45F4-BE67-3D1F57CF4052.png

This hits a little too close to home right now

4. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

30 people now and no matches at all

it just wants me to pay for it

5. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Happy to hear it went well! It definitely helps to have that reinforcement. We were talking about places near where she lives and she said “we’ll have to go there next time!” which really calmed my nerves haha.

6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

F5C94217-581D-4B8E-804E-FEE7F813DFBB.jpeg

What it do

7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

This girl is so flirty I love it

Mr. Serotonin and RyanRyan like this.
  8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Met his parents and it was ridic lol. He picked up pizzas per their request which we thought was for dinner (which they eat at 3pm) but then when we got there his parents had made a roast and they wanted to put the pizza hut pizzas in the freezer. He hadn't told them I was a vegetarian because he thought we were just eating the pizzas. His dad said "A vegetarian? Why?" And then talked about how he'd never met one in real life like we're rare unicorns lol. I had salad and his mom asked if I'd like ranch dressing or mayonnaise. MAYONNAISE ON A GARDEN SALAD. His mom talked about how badly white people wrinkle. His dad talked about how the earth has opened up and now supernatural creatures like witches are roaming the earth.

All in all it was amusing lol. He and I got into an argument of sorts on the drive back home which I think is going to be an ongoing discussion and possible dealbreaker tho idk idk

Ken, Mr. Serotonin, Mary V and 7 others like this.
  9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

lmao

is there any chance his dad was fucking around with you in regards to the witches warlocks stuff? Seems like standard behavior for old white dads to do - embarrass their kids’ by saying wild things to their friends or significant others when first meeting them

if not, go back and please record the conversations and post

10. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

that dad is probably a dnd player I respect it

Ken, Kiana, Ben and 1 other person like this.
  11. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

So my ex’s mom grew up hating salads because her mom used miracle whip on salads cause it was marketed that way back then. Wild that it happened beyond the Midwest lol

12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I’d break up over a 3pm mayo dinner for sure

Ken, ArmsLikeTeeth, ncarrab and 5 others like this.
  13. Kiana

Oh no he was totally serious. He seems a little eccentric. His mom is super cute and sweet but shes Catholic and as a former Catholic I can confidently say we believe in all sorts of nonsense lol

Mary V, bigmike and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  14. Kiana

Guy is open to learning about feminism and women's studies but has a long way. Calls himself a feminist but in a simplistic "we should all be equal" way. I was trying to talk about power imbalances and he was listening and open minded but struggled with like.... Wider Societal and structural imbalances vs individual experiences. He said I was sexist against men and it's sad he's dating a misandrist. Best compliment I've ever gotten like what kind of catch am I

source-9.gif

15. Iago

forbidden chalice.

My previous partner and I broke up in August and today we would've made 4 years. Today's going to be rough.

Mr. Serotonin and waking season like this.
  16. waking season Mar 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 9, 2020)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Hope it goes by quickly, do something nice for yourself today

Iago, Mary V and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

If it gives you any hope, Cait did a great job implementing feminist beliefs into my life. We had a few shouting matches over things but inevitably she was usually right. Okay she was always right. I also had this site to educate me, however.

My best advice and this may seem obvious but ease into it. I know you have a lot of passion behind it and that's fantastic, but to white dudes, you gotta twist it so you're just giving them considerations on topics rather than saying you need to believe this or fuck off.

18. Kiana

It was weird cause I didn't want to have any of the conversations actually because I get worked up and passionate easily lol but he was asking me questions and wanted to learn. I actually had him pretty sold but then he talked to a male friend who kind of pulled him back over a bit. It'll be a work in progress. I'm trying to think of a good book to recommend him but I'm blanking

supernovagirl, Ken, bigmike and 3 others like this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

20. I can't stop thinking about this

21. Kiana

If he ever meets my parents it will be so boring in comparison lol

22. Mr. Serotonin

Everyone thinks that haha

GrantCloud likes this.
  23. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious