Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 173

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Fuck that is rough. To put a positive spin on this (kinda, I guess): if he’s truly awesome this can be a teaching moment and can help him understand the inherent power dynamics that happen in older men/younger women relationships when people are in their 20’s, let alone some one in their 20’s and a teenager.

i hope it goes well, kiana!

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

We kinda dropped it but we have a long car ride on Friday/Saturday so I imagine it'll get brought up again. Just reminded me of that boys club bs. He kept saying he knows his friend isn't a creep so he's not worried about it like... Exact same mentality men always use to protect each other. I feel like this specific issue is one I always struggle speaking to men about like even "woke" men never seem to rly get the power dynamic thing.

Mary V, Shakriel, Ken and 3 others like this.
  3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just to add to my last post. This is the girl I messaged back in December. We've been chatting since and last week she texted me "so when are we going to hang out? i kinda want to make out with you?" After we made plans she texted me saying that she'll be having a panic attack until we get together. Two adults in their 30's, haven't been on a date in 6+ years, freaking out about meeting one another. It's funny, we couldn't even think of what first dates are these days. I decided on drinks and ice cream.

4. waking season Mar 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2020)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

First date since August tomorrow and I’m most anxious about the possibility that it will go well

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  5. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Dates? What are those

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

my life consists of every month making the dating apps and having no success so I delete and then a month later doing the same thing over again hoping something changed

I think the only thing that’s hitting is I have cool bios

waking season likes this.
  7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I made the cool bio of

all I want is someone to play animal crossing with me and I’m like 3 hours I already have 15 people who have swiped on me smh

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hell yeah dude, hope for the best

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yah what's a date

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  10. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Mr. Serotonin and supernovagirl like this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

GrantCloud, SlappinCups, mad and 2 others like this.
  12. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

stuffed some of them with goat cheese and wrapped em in bacon the other night. great snack

GrantCloud, SlappinCups, Ken and 3 others like this.
  13. Mr. Serotonin

It seems like you don't like them because you didn't like the picture

GrantCloud, SlappinCups, Ken and 2 others like this.
  14. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

my apologies for missing that I’ll try to find some time later this week

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'll send you a calendar invite.

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Pick a different date.

GrantCloud, dadbolt and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

18. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

GrantCloud, Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

Attached Files:

20. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Date went well! I was weirdly nervous which I think she picked up on but it was a good time and we’re planning to hang out again next week.

Mr. Serotonin, Ken, mad and 4 others like this.
  21. cherrywaves

Trusted

Starting to feel the urge to go back on Hinge again. Haven't seen anyone since October and deleted all my dating profiles in September. Kinda wanna keep it going but shit gets lonely sometimes.

22. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I’m a lurker in this thread and it always makes me think of how much easier things were back during MySpace. You post an edgy quiz bulletin, make some wall comments and bam. You got a girlfriend for a week lol

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Mine did too! I was only somewhat nervous, and made a dumb comment about not knowing how to make a move, but we laughed and made out. It was fun! Of the year+ of dating apps and not being interested in a single person, it's nice to be excited about someone again. And oh my goodness, her voice. It's so calming. If this goes further, I cannot wait to go to sleep talking to her because her voice is :hearteyes:.

I know leaving, I was overthinking everything I said and did, but she texted me when I got home and made it clear I did good.

Imgur Image

So, win for me!

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I honestly couldn't imagine going on a 'first date'

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's wild. My ex-wife and I dated in HS and kept in touch before reconnecting, so that never felt like a first date. This girl, we knew of each other and followed each other on IG for years (friends of friends), but it was the first time meeting so it had serious first date vibes. It's so much different in your 30's than in your early 20's.

Colby Searcy, Ken and ncarrab like this.