Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

2 Dating 2 Relationships Thread II: The Squeakquel NSFW • Page 169

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by dylan, May 12, 2019.

1. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

True, but she said he wears PJs a lot and I doubt the issue is that he can’t afford real pants lol

iCarly Rae Jepsen and bigmike like this.
  2. ncarrab Feb 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2020)
    ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Honestly unless I’m going to work or like out to dinner or the bar or a social event, there’s no way in hell I'm wearing anything other than sweatpants and a hoodie and most nights after work, I immediately change into the same exact sweats and hoodie. Summer time, pure basketball shorts. This applies for grocery store, going out to breakfast or lunch, Target runs, typical day to day activities.

I don’t think that’s abnormal at all. People like to wear comfy clothes. I could see it being a problem if you’re going to a steakhouse in pajamas but if there’s not much going on, I don’t see the issue.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  3. supernovagirl

Lmao

4. supernovagirl

I’m not trying to make anyone feel bad it’s just that having a fashion sense or putting thought into your appearance goes beyond comfort or cost like its independent of those things

men get away with literally never caring about their appearance or anything and for a lot of women/people that’s totally fine!! But to some, it’s important because it’s a matter of individuality, effort, personality, etc.
    On top of what @iCarly Rae Jepsen already said about the double standards and things that some women are very conscious of so they’re more critical of it

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

okay I'm not crazy, I'm like Kiana isn't being shameful or ableist haha

supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah I mean he has clothes lol. I think he's insecure about his body for one, so he falls into the trap of wearing oversized black shirts and hopes to just fade in the background. That's kinda where I'm hoping watching Queer Eye might show that you can embrace your body and unique style and dress in flattering ways that don't try to make you hide. Obv I don't care if someone wears sweats and an old shirt around the house. I'm not gonna be a jerk about it. Hoping over time with positive reinforcement about his body/looks he'll feel comfortable branching out

7. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I remember actually starting to dress decent and I felt amazing. that was a good brief feeling.

8. CobraKidJon

drip too hard king

9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I can’t leave the house in anything more casual than jeans, I feel naked if I’m in public in sweats

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  10. CobraKidJon

skinny jeans and skinny sweat pants for life

waking season likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wear sweats to the gym and that's it, I feel gross walking around in public in anything other than jeans or khakis, any time I see a college student walking around in pajamas I get boomery haha

GrantCloud and waking season like this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I wear the same pair of cargos every day and Cait doesn't mind at all lmao. Cait dresses very well but really doesn't care that I wear some basic ass shit for the most part.

bigmike and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My old roommate used to lounge around the house in jeans and a button down. I was convinced he was a serial killer.

14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I wore jeans for the first time in forever a few weeks ago and she was like wtf no where are the cargos

15. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I do this...

GrantCloud likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

wasn’t trying to be insensitive or anything. I just don’t think it’s all that uncommon for guys (or girls) to lounge around in PJs or sweats all day.

Obviously, if it’s bothering their significant other, it’s definitely worth a conversation. Relationships are all about communication and if something is bothersome to the other person it should be addressed.

My post was more about saying that maybe it’s what he’s comfortable wearing vs it being about body insecurity or depression or lack of funds/effort. I don’t know because based on the posts about it, it sounds like she doesn’t know for sure either. I could be wrong but that’s how I read the posts. Regardless, my advice for this (or any other potential flag in a relationship) is to address it before it snowballs into something bigger.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

waking season likes this.
  18. supernovagirl

Oh no I didn’t take it that way. I just didn’t want a bunch of men to start having fragile egos about the way they dress lol. At the end of the day there’s plenty of people who don’t give a crap haha but yeah I get what you’re saying

19. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

On our first date he wore jeans and like a forest green tshirt and these Converse and the shoes matched his outfit and I was like omg he put thought into it!! I think that's my thing. Thought and effort. It wasn't fancy but the effort was attractive. It's not a huge deal so far.

Though next weekend we're going out for my friends bday party. I'll probably wear a dress or at least ~nice casual so if he tries some old anime shirt and sweats I'm gonna veto that real quick. Time and place!

20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I think it’s a very interesting topic cause men and women are treated so differently and it has different ramifications for each. So where women have it engrained in them to always be presentable that standard isn’t held to men. In my experience growing up it was actually the complete opposite; any man putting “too much” effort into their appearance they were called gay or metrosexual or whatever dumb things cis men come up with.

21. CobraKidJon

forest green is a perfect color btw

22. supernovagirl

Totally! It is interesting but I also think it’s time to lift the bar up off the floor and say men y’all can at least wear stuff that’s fitted nice and doesn’t have holes in it lmfao

23. supernovagirl

Or like @Kiana said just putting in the thought to actually match or have a “look” going rather than just throwing on whatever’s on top of the clean pile

bigmike, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Kiana like this.
  24. CobraKidJon

8FEDDC30-B2FC-4E46-B5D6-4E75C16EAA40.jpeg

no really I love that color a lot

Colby Searcy, bigmike, mad and 4 others like this.
  25. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

100%. I feel like I’m cheating a bit cause I can just ask Steph what she thinks or what I should wear if I have no clue and she knocks it out of the park. Also I think I just got tired of like her looking so well put together and and I was in jeans and a hoodie or something.

supernovagirl likes this.