Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

1984 in film. • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Morrissey, Jun 22, 2021.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

1. Red Dawn
    2. Night of the comet
    3. Spinal tap

2. Morrissey

Trusted

We have a tie: Both Once Upon a Time in America and Paris, Texas received 10 votes each.

For 24 hours, we will try again, but we are narrowing it down to the finalists. Everyone who has voted should choose just one. What do you pick?

Once Upon a Time in America, Sergio Leone's swan song about friendship and betrayal, or...

Paris, Texas, Wim Wenders' story about trying to reconnect with our loved ones?

3. Morrissey

Trusted

Both ties have involved Leone films so far.

4. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Once Upon a Time in America

5. username

hey you lil piss baby

Paris, Texas

6. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Paris, Texas

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Paris, Texas

8. Morrissey

Trusted

I put the Leone as my number one film, but I didn't think Paris, Texas would be so popular. One has my brain and another has my heart.

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Once Upon a Time

10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

paris, texas

11. George Jun 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2021)
    George

Trusted Prestigious

Feels a bit cheeky voting as I haven't seen Once Upon a Time, but I'll go for Paris, Texas - based on how much I love that film.

In the event of another tie, feel free to discard my vote, as it's certainly not an informed one.

Edit: In fact, scrap my vote - bit silly me voting on this one! I need to get around to Once Upon a Time at some point, but the 4 hour run-time puts me off, and I absolutely hate watching films in parts, it's all or nothing for me, so one on my list for sure to get too.

12. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Once Upon a Time in America

13. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Once upon a time

14. Morrissey

Trusted

Once Upon a Time in America takes it with 10 votes, after a grueling overtime. Paris, Texas was the runner-up, but lost the tiebreaker. Once Upon a Time in America will move on to the bracket.

secretsociety92 and SpyKi like this.