Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

1972 in music. • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by phaynes12, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

1. David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
    2. Neil Young - Harvest
    3. Nick Drake - Pink Moon

Ziggy Stardust is definitively one of the best rock n roll albums ever made. Bowie brought so many different vibes into that album. It's punk, glam, heavy, poppy. Love everything about it. It's so damn good from start to finish. I have a $200 audiophile version of it on vinyl and am so grateful it was passed down to me through family. It really sings!

Harvest is one of Neil's best and Pink Moon is just so damn beautiful and iconic. Nick Drake's story is so sad, but almost redemptive in a way that he was able to get the recognition he so well deserved after his passing.

Best singles-
    Let's Stay Together - Al Green
    One of my all-time favorite songs.
    Lean on Me - Bill Withers
    American Pie - Don McLean (this song usually annoys the shit out of me, but it's undoubtedly iconic)

Maverick, phaynes12 and Gianni28 like this.
  2. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Oof, late to the show but thanks for letting me put my 2 cents in!

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man i wish i had listened to something/anything? a whole lot sooner

kevin parker talking about rundgren so much suddenly makes more sense

irthesteve, Gianni28 and cshadows2887 like this.
  4. Gianni

Trusted

Great call - always better late than never.

phaynes12 likes this.
  5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

It's pretty insane that "Redwood Tree" is almost like...a filler or throwaway track for Van on St. Dominic's. What an insane stretch this man had to start his career.

cshadows2887 likes this.