Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

13 Reasons Why (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kiana, May 9, 2018.

1. I have 2 episodes left and have enjoyed it for the most part so far. Idk if it's because they hit close to home in certain ways or if it's the performances, but when the emotional beats hit, they hit hard for me.

2. alim

i would have been a lawyer

Agreed. Most of me feels it would have been better if Tyler would have just gone with it. That will be more thought provoking, if that's the whole point of this series.

3. Zilla May 24, 2018
    (Last edited: May 24, 2018)
    Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Halfway through - this might be the most uncompelling follow-up to a solid first season. Bringing back Hannah to be Clay’s dark passenger makes zero sense.

recall reality likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Lots of silly moments and outcomes this 2nd season. But that One part with Tyler was very disturbing.

I also didn’t buy Zach’s or Monty’s character development and stories this season. Idk....I feel indifferent overall with this season, but I was kind of expecting it since writers had no extra story to go off of.

Still watchable though. That’s for sure.

5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I just started the new season and didn't realize how much I like the actors until they came back and I'd be like awww I missed them I like them oh wait they were like a terrible person in this show, but also I haven't watched season 1 in a while and kinda forgot who did what. I love that kid from Parenthood just because he was in Parenthood. And the guy who plays Zach. And like most of the others except we're all in agreement that dude who plays Bryce is like 30 at least, right???

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  6. Syre Dream

Regular

The Mr. Porter episode was the best one of this season so far, I'm on the last two. His performance was incredible and I'd go back to just that episode.

SpyKi and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  7. I just googled him, and apparently he's 24 ha.

8. Syre Dream

Regular

Heard they have ideas for a season 3, wonder if it will happen or not? My guess is season 3 would be the last if it does.

9. Kiana

I mean maaaybe I can buy that but he legit looks the guys my age (25) who have like 3 kids already and every time he's on screen I'm like ok ur on the baseball team but don't u have a family to support???

Also omg the gay dad of that girl whose name i don't remember is Ben from queer as folk!!

10. Lol he definitely does look older. I'm 27, and I swear bartenders/bouncers suspect that I'm a teenager by the way they eyeball me, so I'm lowkey jealous.

11. Kiana

He's the same age as Miles who plays Alex like wut. And Ross who plays Zach is older than both of them. Hmm. I officially cannot discern ages.

12. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

welcome to television

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I think Zach looks the oldest!! I know Bryce looks old AF too but I'm just like Zach come on man you old as hell

14. Kiana

I am nhf this awkward skye and clay sex side plot. It's unpleasant. Does it end soon? I'm only on episode 2 I need it to end soon.

15. It does.

Kiana likes this.
  16. Kiana

He does look oldest to me sometimes but at other angles when his hair is swoopier he looks younger! But basically nobody I went to hs with was buff and had six packs or if they existed I don't remember them so that always kinda pings older to me. Guy who plays tony looks definitely not a teenager too. I know this is all the norm for hs shows but it's all warping my sense of age lol

17. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I still miss Parenthood :verysad:

18. Kiana

I hate the ghost sidekick trope. He's in a cafe talking to Hannah meaning he's talking to himself like openly in public unless he's not actually talking? Is he physically speaking or imagining himself speaking? #13ReasonsImOverthinking

SpyKi likes this.
  20. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I was expecting there to be a point where someone overheard him talking to himself, so I'm guessing it was in his head?

21. Kiana

Bryce is angrily drinking out of a tiny milk carton I cannot with this dramatic novela-esque of a show

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just finished episode 9. Shit that Mr. Porter testimony had me tearing up.

SpyKi, Joe, primavera and 1 other person like this.
  23. Kiana

Lol @ me gonna finish this today or tomorrow. Justin is randomly way more attractive to me when he's detoxing and his hair is a mess. Didn't get the hype for the actor last season but I get iiiiit don't @ me.

stayillogical likes this.
  24. Clay’s eulogy made me cry. Also, the ending actually would have been really satisfying without the attempted shooting. Personally, I think the show might have solved some of its controversy by ending things very positively. I would have done it like this:
    - end the show with the scene where they’re all on the dancefloor with Clay during that song
    - perhaps change the Tyler narrative so that when Monty and his friends find him in the bathroom either he fights back, a teacher catches them before it’s too late, or that one kid from the baseball team that helped set up Monty sticks up for Tyler

stayillogical likes this.
  25. Finished last night. I enjoy watching these characters grow and form meaningful relationships. I like how the show tackles its subject matter, but sometimes the show gets bogged down through plot contrivances. I think the Tyler stuff is something worth addressing, just the way it was built up to and executed didn't sit right with me.