Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

11.22.63 (Hulu) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 13, 2016.

1. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I just watched the finale. This was a good series. I'm glad Sadie isn't dead but I was disappointed her and Jake didn't end up together in the end.

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah that was really disappointing. He could have been with her if he wanted, but he would have had to watch her die every like every four years.

Also, I'm assuming the book sheds some more light on what exactly takes place after Jake saves JFK and when he returns to the present? Something I would have liked to understand a bit better.

3. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Details please

4. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

It really has more to do with the Yellow Card Man, which is also different in the book.

In the book the Yellow Card Man's card changes colors and he dies and is then replaced with the implication being that there are multiple realities and the Yellow Card Men keep them all in their heads. So Jake finds out things aren't actually RESETTING each time, he's just creating more realities and in creating so many, and then finally one so different because Kennedy lives, he's kind of destabilized reality. (e.g. Al thought it was great he could keep bringing back the same cheap ground beef but it's actually really screwing things up by creating paradox after paradox.)

It's not so much a question of Kennedy staying in power, altering history and leading to bad policies etc. as much as that more general messing with the space/time continuum and needing to put things back where they were and close the hole for good....as I recall.

airik625 likes this.
  5. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I just read up on the books synopsis on Wikipedia. It seems like there were several different plots not included in the series, including Jake saving a little girl getting shot by a hunter by accident and Harry dying in the Vietnam War after Jake comes back to the present. Also, Bill didn't exist in the book, Sadie's husband committed suicide and the principal ended up marrying Miss Mimi before she passed from cancer.

No real point to me listing these, I just find the changes interesting.

The concept of the yellow/green/black card man sounds intriguing

6. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Yeah I really enjoyed the scenes of the two of them together!

I also really enjoyed the scenes between Jake and that FBI agent in the finale. The look on the guys face when Jake mentioned the surveillance on Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe was priceless

7. Nyquist

The book also has a better setup for the time travel as a device as well. When Jake goes to the past the first time, he screws up one of his test runs and has to go back to the present, reset, and try again. Because they had a limited time frame to work with here (again, I kind of wish this had been maybe a ten episode ordeal instead of just eight), they instead just had him succeed on the first try and then stand in the rain ala Andy Dufresne in Shawshank seemingly aware that he has changed the future and all is well.

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Interesting. Some really good insight here. Thanks for sharing.

9. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Pretty sure Bill was still in the book. His role was nothing more than "that guy killed my sister and never got caught". He wasn't the sidekick.

10. Night Channels

Trusted

Bill wasn't in the book

11. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Maybe the character went by another name then. I definitely recall Jake running unto a man on Halloween night em route to saving Harry that mentions Frank killing his sister years prior.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  12. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

Yea, Bill was in the book:

"Chapters 13-14: Wow!!! OK so first off a lot of big stuff happened near the end of the chapters but ill get to that later, so at the beginning of chapter 13 Jake goes around town getting to know the place, he makes friends and gets acquainted with a new friend named Chaz Weinberg. Chaz tells him all about Derry and of Frank Dunnings terrible temper, he shares a drink with Jake and then they depart from one another. Then Jake goes back home and makes a list of options to do with Frank dunning and the murder he would soon commit in a month. Jake thinks of framing him for stuff and possible crippling him, But it all comes down to Jake concluding on the idea of killing Frank Dunning. Jake buys a .48 caliber revolver and and plans out how to kill Frank, he scouts the area around his house and gets to know his timetable. Jake then waits until Halloween day (that’s when Frank killed his family) to save the family. He wakes up the morning of Halloween sick as a dog (that force that doesn’t want the past to change), he had gotten the stomach flu and was terribly ill. Yet he still makes it to the house of the Dunnings at 7:00 pm. Hes about to go in through the back yard when someone hits him in the side of the head, it’s one of the guys that were in the town the first day he came to Derry. Bill Tocotee had a run in with Frank dunning before, Bill suspects that Frank killed his sister 4 years ago and he was now here to kill him. Jake and Bill talk and argue for nearly an hour, then Jake talks him down after Bill suffers a heart attack, and runs into the Dunning house in time to see him cripple Mrs. Dunning and kill one of his sons before Jake puts two bullets in his chest. But Frank doesn’t go down there, instead Bill comes back and puts a knife through Franks heart. But Jake didn’t save all of the family so he plans now to go back to the portal and try again to save the family."

Chapter Summaries

13. Nyquist

Yep. These events are then undone when Jake goes back to his own time and then travels back to 1958 again, since each trip back starts a new timeline. This time, Jake tracks down and kills Frank long before that fateful Halloween night. He then sends Bill a letter in which he urges him to go see a doctor for his heart condition. When he first meets Bill, he likes him and nicknames him "no suspenders".

14. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

When Jake and Sadie are running up the stairs Redrum was on the walls in graffiti. Then when Jake went back to the present there was a billboard in the upper right corner with graffiti saying Captain Trips

15. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I caught Redrum but hadn't caught the billboard.

16. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I had to stare at it for a few to get what it was saying, it's in the distance a bit. Then jake gets in close and you can only see Captain which is pretty funny

Deanna likes this.