Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

11.22.63 (Hulu) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 13, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Eight Episode mini-series based on the Stephen King novel 11/22/63, premiered Feb 15, 2016 with weekly episodes. Stars James Franco.

[​IMG]

2. irthesteve

I watched episode 1 today and am already hooked. Definitely will be catching up asap

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Watched the first two and is pretty cheesy. Clearly made for tv stuff, unfortunately. I'll probably finish it though

4. irthesteve

I'm three episodes and definitely find it fun, definitely like the little twists and turns and the time-travel-eque things that happen

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Did you read the book?

6. irthesteve

I read probably 3/4 of it and enjoyed it as well. It was on a plane flight and for some reason I never finished it :-/

7. Night Channels

Trusted

wow

Vivatoto likes this.
  8. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Enjoyed it quite a bit. Kinda sad to see it end today. But I'm so excited. They did a good job with the period pieces. It was fun to look at the clothes, cars, and buildings.

9. irthesteve

Excited for the finale today. Overall I think it did start to get a bit... less exciting in the last few episodes, but I'm still excited.

10. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished this. I enjoyed it quite a bit and thought the ending was pretty solid, more or less what I expected. I read up on the plot of the book and was disappointed they didn't go the same route with the yellow card man in the show as in the book -- he had a much more definitive purpose in the book and it was more in line with what you'd expect. Good show though, might come back to it for a re-watch in a couple years.

11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I still have last week's episode to watch but I've really been enjoying this. Also have the book waiting to be read on my shelf. It's long but Stephen King books always seem to be quick reads for me.

12. hallowblue

There's a monster under all this tulle;

It ended today right? I'll be watching it when I get off work. Has anyone read the novel? I really want to pick it up after watching the mini-series because I absolutely adored it, does it still have reading value now that I'll know how it ends?

13. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

I recently read and loved the book. Has anyone read the book and watched the show? How's it stack up?

14. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I have. I don't mind the show or the changes they made. I was able to enjoy it in its own right and I do think they adapted certain aspects of the novel properly, but as is often the case the book is most certainly better. They skipped an awful lot and it kind of left me wishing they had gone for a longer season. Maybe ten episodes? Just two more to fill in the story? Again, there were bits and pieces I really did like but some of the material they cut really disappoints me. I don't know. This is all that matters in the end:

Dancing is life.

Guys Named Todd and Vivatoto like this.
  15. irthesteve

That was a nice final episode, definitely heartbreaking/warming at the very end when they are dancing

Turkeylegz likes this.
  16. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Incredible. So glad this was good.

Did everybody noticed Redrum and Captain Trips?

17. Finale was so damn good

18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Adorbz. I think it's sorta bullshit that he only attempted to reset once before giving up. A lot of these kind of butterfly effect time travel movies do this but not even a second attempt?

I also gotta admit that I'm disappointed with how secondary the jfk assassination became as the series went on.

Overall I'll give the show a 8/10 but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was expecting something a bit more. He got out of being arrested really easily man

Very cute though.....even if franco sounded creepy as hell while dancing with the old Sadie.

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

On the 7th episode. Looking to definitely finish it today. It's been really good so far.

Vivatoto likes this.
  20. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Still need to watch the last three episodes of this. Been very entertained thus far.

21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

definitely go where I was expecting/hoping it would, but I still really enjoyed it.
    also, Bill looks like Matt Carter from Emery.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. airik625

Damn I feel like Bill definitely got the shaft with that death. Crazy the 180 his character took so suddenly.

Watching the finale tomorrow. Why do I still feel like Sadie isn't going to make it.

23. StevenW92

Regular

This starts in the UK tonight. I'm really excited.

24. airik625

Damnit I knew Sadie wasn't going to make it.

25. StevenW92

Regular

Just watched the first episode.

I liked it overall. It was a bit of a strange start to the story. Jumped back and forth a bit. Al going on his mission while Jake was in the diner blew my mind. I wasn't huge in Al as a character. James Franco is brilliant as Jake, but a totally different character to the Jake from the book.

Really looking forward to the next episode.