Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

100 gecs - 1000 gecs (May 31, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Aug 30, 2019.

1. drummerAVA

Trusted

Stupid Horse... “WooOO0oO0o!!....... PICK IT UP!” :crylaugh:

This album is stupid fun.

ChiliTacos and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I’m leaning towards this being a top 5 release this year, and ringtone being one of my favorite songs of the year

Leftandleaving likes this.
  3. username

hey you lil piss baby

4. username

hey you lil piss baby

Update: it's from a whole remix album but further details and release date haven't been revealed yet

ChiliTacos and matthaber like this.
  5. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

give me a SOPHIE remix

6. username

hey you lil piss baby

I want a gecs x Tommy Cash collab tbh

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

wow hand crushed by a mallet sounds absolutely massive live (from their instagram stories)

Leftandleaving likes this.
  8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  9. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I just listened to this after hearing about it a ton. And I do not get the appeal at all, sorta bummed.

10. sawhney[rusted]2

Its really cheesy and corny music that's deceptively creative and well done

feels like a nostalgic time capsule for music you wish you made as a teenager with no music experience

11. drummerAVA

Trusted

To me 100 gecs is like “let’s take the literal pop extremes and bookends of the last decade, and smash them together...”

And you get 1000 gecs lol.

12. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I guess that’s the part where I can’t get into it. It feels exactly like they have no experience and just got their first musical equipment. I guess I also wouldn’t want to listen to the music I made as a teenager hahaha, but I can see why that might connect with others. Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s going to be a grower either. Glad others seem to enjoy it though.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  13. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

That’s very close to what I felt when listening, you just have better word usage than me haha.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

Haha that’s the deceptive part - Dylan Brady (and Lauren Les) is a very very very good producer, so there’s a lot more depth to the song structures and production in the record. I appreciate when artists and execute a goal as well as 100 gecs do, even when it’s supposed to be as cornball as this.

tyramail likes this.
  15. drummerAVA

Trusted

It’s funny how earlier in this thread people were mentioning like late 00’s metalcore and specifically crabcore... because it’s like, back in that day, I would be partying with my friends one night, and something like Akon would come on, or Lil Wayne... then the next day, we’d be jamming out to Attack Attack! or something. And I was picking up on that big time...

Whereas now, I might hear something electronic or trappy out at a bar or something, then I’ll looking up or listening to some new metalcore band later on, or be like what’s new coming out of the PC Music world or something? And stylistically, this album is like literally all of that lol.

It’s pretty crazy... and that late 2000’s nostalgia hits so hard when it does!

16. sawhney[rusted]2

I will say the breakdown at the end of Backseat is the best metalcore breakdown in pop

drummerAVA likes this.
  17. drummerAVA

Trusted

POP 2 Backseat? Yeah lol, it's pretty hard... a stand-out moment, definitely "metallic," but I wouldn't say it's the hardest moment on the tape though, for me personally. POP 2 is a classic though regardless, for sure...

18. sawhney[rusted]2

Well hardest def goes to I Got It but the breakdown in Backseat gives me a sense of euphoria similar to the best metalcore breakdowns I hear

19. drummerAVA

Trusted

I've always been pretty partial to the build-up/drop in the latter half of Delicious...

One (super underrated) part of that mixtape though is the beat of Tears... it's got that heavy, syncopated feel of a metal breakdown but it's so layered and just kinda rides along stylistically and in the "context" of a trap beat, especially in the chorus... It's a really cool fusion. Idk, that song is just on another level for me...

20. sawhney[rusted]2

Yes, Tears is top 3 for me just because of that reason

drummerAVA likes this.
  21. matthaber

22. Sander

kflkmflkm

this album is rotting my brain but i can't stop listening

23. matthaber

new remix by injury reserve

username likes this.
  24. username

hey you lil piss baby

Don’t vibe w/ it nearly as much as the original (feel that’ll be the case for all these remixes) but interested to now know that some of them will have new features too.

25. drummerAVA

Trusted

"I can do anything I want first try, you take like 10 tries hurtin' my eyes... (haha omg)"

:crylaugh: