Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

100 gecs - 10,000 gecs (March 17, 2023) • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues

I’m sad I missed their initial hype moment, the amount of joy both albums have been bringing me this week is tremendous

2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

i dont know what to do i gotta get rid of this tooth

Your Milkshake and drummerAVA like this.
  4. I love how they reuse the 'back once again' sample on mememe

5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

The toxicity remix at the end of this goes hard

6. drummerAVA

Trusted

Eruption intro into Basement Jaxx… WOW let’s GOOOOOO!! :crylaugh::rotfl:

Owlex likes this.
  7. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I have no idea if I like this album or not, however, Dumbest Girl Alive is so fucking catchy and won’t leave my head.

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

My first reaction was like “yeah this is pretty fun and more listenable than the first one!” and now I literally cannot get enough of it and I am beginning to suspect that I’m going to be listening to this one for at least another year.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Holy shit I finally got to this and I love it even more than the first album, I LOVE how they leaned so much into pop-punk/early 00's mainstream rock. The songs remain soo catchy, and this is also the first time in quite a while that an album has made me want to pick up my guitar and learn all the riffs

I wasn't planning on going to the tour since I saw them open for BROCKHAMPTON but now I may be changing my mind

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think this album is easily better than the first. The first, it feels like they are obnoxious to be obnoxious, and multiple times it didn't really work. On this one, everything works and the type of obnoxious is more well done, if that makes sense

11. It's like they took the weirdness from the first record but didn't make any of it purposefully unlistenable this time around lol

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Exactly

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Erm, okay this fucking rules. I’ve had most of these songs in my head for days now.

I didn’t dislike them before but I definitely found them gimmicky. This doesn’t feel like that at all beyond the word spaghetti lyrics, but that make me laugh enough that I vibe with it. This is so fun.

14. ccsc918

existing

Homecoming show on saturday in STL! it'll be my 4th time seeing gecs, never missed a hometown show. Super excited!

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

seeing them tomorrow for the first time!

16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I’ll be there it’s my first time seeing them

17. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

saw them last night. fucking popped off.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

First time seeing them tonight

19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

this opener is wild and noisy as fuck and it warms my heart seeing the kids eat up experimental music like this

Crisp X likes this.
  20. I don't know why this video semi blew up to the point of ending up in my recommendations but I love it so much.

Surfwax likes this.
  21. ccsc918

existing

I think I need to sleep for 3 days after being in that pit at the pageant the entire show

sophos34 likes this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

How were gecs tho!?

was the opener Machinegirl? I might be saying the wrong name i’m too lazy to check lol

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they were a blast and yeah it was machinegirl

car got broken into tho which blows

24. ccsc918

existing

car got broken into even after braving a literal tornado to get to the venue? I’m sorry what the fuck. I usually park behind fitz when I go to the pageant and never had any issues yet

sophos34 likes this.
  25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

same but it was raining and I know the lot I was in got hit recently at the story of the year show last month. I figured with the rain they wouldn’t try it again but unfortunately the rain didn’t last as long as the forecast was saying it would. multiple cars got hit it wasn’t just me and the thing is I had somewhat valuable stuff and a little cash and none of it was taken. people on Reddit said they’re just looking for guns :/