Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

10 Dead in Santa Fe, Texas, School Shooting

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 18, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

New York Times:

A male student was in custody on Friday morning after a shooting spree inside a high school in southeast Texas left at least 10 people dead, the majority believed to be students, and 10 wounded, the authorities said.

Again, and again, and again this happens. I’m just so tired.

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I'm sick of nothing ever changing. It feels like guns are more protected than kids and human lives and I can't handle it. The fact that some people hear stories like this and their first reaction is to get MORE guns makes everything so frustrating and it feels like this gun culture is impossible to undo.

3. failinginplace

Regular

i'm fucking pissed. this is an hour away from me. i'm sick of this bullshit, i want out government to do something meaningful. there's any number of things that can be done from the federal level all the way down to the local level. our officials need to grow up and do something. and get ted cruz off my screen, he has no backbone.

4. failinginplace

Regular

a father of a child murdered at Parkland three months ago suggested forcing gun manufacturers to create a victims relief fund that pays out money to families with loved ones harmed or killed in mass shootings. i support this.

5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Way closer to me than I was thinking. Thoughts go out to everyone involved. Crazy crazy shit. Hopefully after this and the Austin bombings these gun nuts will wake the fuck up and realize our state isn't immune.

fenway89 and Raku like this.
  6. Raku

Regular

So instead of actually focusing on the issue of Guns, I wonder what they will try shifting the blame to (other than mental illness or terrorism).

Recently they tried blaming violent video games (*rolls eyes*), are they gonna start shifting the blame on to the music, and movies/shows that we watch? Maybe they'll say it's the fact that we lost faith in Jesus because we all know how all that worked back in the day.

These idiots don't realize that Humans have always been violent. Also that the ease of access to guns just makes giving into your thoughts of heinous acts, that much easier.

Also, I saw this image going around on twitter
    [​IMG]

This fucked up country has to do something about these guns. Paranoia about our government becoming corrupt be damned. These gun nuts, and their precious gun won't do anything against a drone strike (which they would use should they ever turn on us), or bombing. Instead they're hurting their fellow Americans by allowing lunatics ease of access to these tools of destruction.

Gallhammer and Colby Searcy like this.
  7. say_hello_to_good_times

I'm certainly anti-gun, I'm in favor of much stricter gun laws and would be fine if we repealed the 2nd amendment, but the conversation needs to extend beyond guns.

What the hell is going on in the mind of someone that would have the capacity to commit these incredulous acts of violence? Is it culture, society, copy-cat syndrome, depression, mental health...I sincerely don't know. But these buffoons in Washington argue about gun laws, nothing ever changes, and the root cause of the issue (not guns, in my opinion) is ignored.

My sincerest thoughts to those most personally affected by this senseless tragedy.

8. Mental health issues are worldwide problems. Mass gun violence is not.

9. HueyLewis

Regular

This nation is so fucked. We desperately need new gun laws and major mental health services in all public schools. Imagine if every kid could see a counselor once a month from k-12 grade. We would see such a brighter future.

SEANoftheDEAD, Gallhammer and Raku like this.
  10. saveferris

This is never ever going to stop. It will be an issue for the rest of my life

11. Raku

Regular

As long as the NRA has political pull and power over our politicians, yeah.

Something needs to be done, but I fear the system may be too corrupt for that to happen =/

12. saveferris

That’s the thing though, political corruption will always exist, unless there’s a complete reboot of the system. Large affluent corporations will always have influence over politicians who’re more than willing to line their pockets with money from them. Money talks, that dynamic won’t ever change

13. Iamhollywood315

Regular

Did you see our shitball governor blamed the school for having too many exits? Sadly the lawmakers here don’t do shit in this state

Raku likes this.
  14. failinginplace

Regular

i didn't see that but sadly i'm not surprised. im hoping the parkland survivors show up to support these victims and then raise unholy hell.

Raku likes this.