Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

00's Post-Hardcore • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Cameron, Jan 22, 2017.

1. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

i loved these records back in the day

got plenty more in the memory banks

elemenohpe likes this.
  2. Horrorca

Trusted

I loved this record

this is literally the only thing they put out (2004) and then disappeared

well, I google them rn (thanks, thread) and it turns out they reunited to play some gigs last year, heh

anyway, I will listen to this today (haven't done so in a long minute) and see if it holds up, but I really, really loved it as a kid

3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Listened to Demure by Engine Down for the first time. Cool record.

Surprised with how popular Frank Turner has gotten, that Million Dead still goes underappreciated. The guitar tone on Harmony No Harmony is absolutely perfect for this style.

Cameron likes this.
  4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Saosin's along the shadow did this style really welll imo

5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I really miss this thread on AP. I regret not archiving some of the bands in that thread. I liked A lot like Birds new single but am not familiar with that band. Made me think of this thread.

6. latortuga

Regular

Found this band when they posted their EP to /r/posthardcore many years ago and I listened to it a ton. It's not exactly early-00s but I think it fits. They have since added a song to the EP and updated the cover art. Still really enjoy this!

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

does Lorene Drive fall into this category? they are pretty cool.

DejaMoi likes this.
  8. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Yeah that's a good one dude. Romantic Wealth was a great album back in the day

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I'm about to get into Hot Snakes as a matter of fact. I love their song on GTA V

11. lina555

Regular

Who understands the genres? There is a group of Crown the Empire. Heard such? Is it post-hardcore, or not?

12. Ahren Lanfor

Grenades.

13. JettaPA

Cameron likes this.
  14. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Oh man, I love this band so much. The amount of rants I've gone on about how underrated they were and how I wish they lasted longer...geez. I saw them in a tiny venue underneath a hotel with From First to Last (right before "Dear Diary...") and Name Taken (who OPENED, yikes) way back when. Only like 20 people there. What a show. Will never forget that night.

cherrywaves likes this.
  15. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Name taken ❤

16. Horrorca

Trusted

that description OMG - if it is true...

OotyPa and nomemorial like this.
  17. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Would argue that it is definitely an accurate description

18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Great find on Scatter the Ashes. Guitar tones remind me of Dredg actually

19. Horrorca

Trusted

omg now Dredg?? is this a joke

20. OotyPa Aug 23, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 23, 2017)
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

You gotta check it out, its cool stuff.

I was curious today and went down a rabbit hole of bad post-hardcore/screamo covers of pop/rap songs lol. What are some peoples' favorites? Mine might still be Devil Wears Prada's cover of Three Six Mafia's "Still Fly"

21. cherrywaves

Trusted

Cool that you checked out! They never got their due. They were technically on a major (Island Records) but were on some sort of "upstream" deal. Never happened, bummer. If that record had been put out by Run For Cover ten years later it would have gotten much more traction

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Anyone check our new Hot Snakes

23. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Cameron likes this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This band Casey just put out a new record that rips! And is definitely riyl this thread title

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Band called Sparrows is totally 00's post-hardcore. Currently working on a follow up their last album was pretty good. Worth checking out for anyone who hasen't heard it. Which besides @teebs41 is prob no one.

teebs41 likes this.