Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

“Roadies” Gets Canceled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Cameron Crowe’s tour drama “Roadies” has been canceled by showtime.

Despite the mega-talent both on screen and behind the camera, “Roadies” struggled to find an audience and was met with mixed reviews. Variety‘s Maureen Ryan wrote that the show “feels like a Spotify playlist in search of a reason to exist,” in her initial review. The finale brought in just over 500,000 viewers, according to Nielsen’s “Live +3” ratings. The 10-episode run wrapped on Aug. 28.

2. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

I thought this show was pretty bad. It missed about every mark it tried to hit.

3. Tata Toothy

Regular

With Vinyl and Roadies getting canned instantly maybe these major networks need to go in a different direction with television shows based in the music industry.

4. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Saw this coming but I loved the show. It brought Halsey, The Head and the Heart, Frightened Rabbits and other cool bands into my life so ill always be thankful for that.

5. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

I actually really enjoyed this show, bummer to see it get cancelled

6. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

Ah man.

I loved this show. Was really looking forward to the next season.

I had high hopes for Vinyl but it just didn't live up to it. I just stumbled across this and like most things with Cameron Crowe's involvement, I dug it.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I remember when I first heard about Roadies before it went into production I was SO excited for it knowing Cameron Crowe was involved then I saw all the reviews and feedback pretty much saying it was a mess so I never gave it a shot. Such a bummer.

8. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I'd say Fox is pretty happy with how Empire has worked out for them

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  9. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Glad I didn't start this one.