Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

“Old Town Road” Breaks Billboard Hot 100 Record

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Entertainment Weekly:

Lil Nas X has proven all those remixes were worth it now that his single “Old Town Road” is the longest-running No. 1 song in the history of the Billboard Hot 100.

For 17 weeks, Lil Nas X’s fusion of country and trap has sat at the top of the Billboard Hot 100. That’s one week longer than previous record holders “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber and “One Sweet Day” by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men.

2. AMC

Regular

I don't get how all there remixes count?
    Aren't they all different songs..

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

A queer poc has that record now. Incredible

4. somethingwitty

Trusted

Absolutely insane that this track was built from a Nine Inch Nails sample...glad to see Trent finally get a #1 ha.

currytheword and serotonin like this.
  5. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

America is full of idiots.

domotime2 and Analog Drummer like this.
  6. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

This song is such a jam. Cool for him.

7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Took me way too long to figure out what this meant haha. Don't have strong feelings either way about the song but happy for his success.

8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Very happy for lil nas x

smowashere likes this.
  9. Zoshchenko

Trusted Supporter

long live lil nas x

smowashere likes this.
  10. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

For liking something that you don't like? Slippery slope of arrogance, my friend.

11. Analog Drummer

Regular

I had no idea of that
    To be honest I’ve heard the song twice and never in full, no idea how I’ve avoided that but hasn’t been completely intentional

12. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Lil Nas X is one of the most fun sudden success stories I’ve ever witnessed. Dude is doing good, feeling good and seems to understand and appreciate the fact that it could all be gone in a second.

13. chilllll

Regular

Breaking records all off a ripped instrumental. That is amazing. Thug on the remix is dope too

14. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I mean yeah, it is. Everywhere else in the world knows that. But it's not because it loves some dumb little song. I mean, are you aware the country elected Trump? This dumb song doesn't even compare to that. But then again, you're probably and idiot too sooo...

tyramail and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  15. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Never has a username fit a comment so perfectly.

16. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Am I and idiot to?

tyramail likes this.
  17. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That's just how it works. It always was that way. It's one of the reason Bad Boy Records did all those remixes.

18. The Lucky Moose

19. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

If you felt targeted by what he said, probably, yeah.

20. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

Also the fact that he used the wrong spelling of "too" when poking fun at someone else's grammar/spelling... the internet is fun.

SuNDaYSTaR and tyramail like this.
  21. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Yeah, no way that was intentional...

22. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

If you ain't got no giddy up then giddy out my way.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. thechetearly

Regular

Definitely do not understand this song / trend even in the least bit. Yes, it's great to see an underdog get his day, but why is even so quick to jump enjoying on such obviously sub-par musicianship? Just because it's been a hit for so long does not mean it's good art Haha...

Zip It Chris and Analog Drummer like this.
  24. somethingwitty

Trusted

With technology now its become so easy for music to go from the idea stage to a completed song, thus increasing how much new music we keep getting hit with. It seems almost as it styles and genres will blur and change at a faster rate now as well. The fact that we're getting more music than ever, means more of it will be "bad" or disposable...don't get upset at the majority of people liking "bad" music, it's always happened and will continue to happen, just at a faster rate.

Just look at the other side of it, how much great music is being released much more frequently now.

25. The Lucky Moose

Oh boy

Arry and Petit nain des Îles like this.