Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

“Home Is Such a Lonely Place” Going to Radio • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 8, 2017.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Sober is punk?

2. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Would've been the first single, if it was up to me. Fucking perfect for Spring Break/Summer too.

Schooner likes this.
  3. emeryk3

Wharf Mice

An established band with a big fanbase like Blink shouldn't solely focus on 'radio-friendly' hits or they'll just risk alienating the people who will support them the most - their fans. It's like Linkin Park with their new single 'Heavy' just sounds like anything on the contemporary hits radio and that's got a lot of their fans more divided than ever.

But sure, the album needs some hits and 'Sober' does have a more anthemic radio-friendly vibe, sounds just like modern Fall Out Boy. 'Home Is a Lonely Place' sounds like 5 Seconds of Summer. Both big bands so they do have potential. 'San Diego' just hits as a more personal Blink focused song because of the topic behind it - plus it was a much catchier song, imo.

4. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Sober sounds like Fall out Boy? :uhoh:

5. aniafc

Trusted

When was the last time blink made a punk rock song?

6. Kuri44

It has a co-write credit to Patrick Stump!

7. Schooner

Trusted

Stumpfy was a co-writer

I'm in camp Home is a terrible single choice and a terribly long wait between singles. Should've been released before US winter if and now Sober for spring

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. Kuri44

I double dare you to write that in the blink forum

smowashere likes this.
  9. aniafc

Trusted

"Boxing Day" was a better song than "Home Is Such a Lonely Place" ‪¯\_(ツ)_/¯‬

10. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Love this song, one of my favorites on the record. Hope they do a video, that being said how the fuck has Sober not been used yet? I swear that would be a top 10 hit for months if they chose it for a single.

11. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Boxing day was All-star by Smashmouth

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Dogs Eating Dogs was fucking abysmal

AshlandATeam likes this.
  13. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Yeah I like when people said half of it is good. okay, so that's what 2.5 songs? Still doesn't make up for neighborhoods being so bland. I will say though, After Midnight is the best song they've made since Self-titled in my opinion

14. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

This song reminds me of some of the radio songs of the early 2000s from bands like Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20. Not saying Blink sounds like those bands, but the vibe of the song compares to songs like "If You're Gone" and "Iris".

Might have some crossover success, rather than catering to just one style and one demographic with releasing a song like "Sober".

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm probably close to agreeing with that.

AsfAstAswegofar likes this.
  16. testtime

Regular

Los Angeles is way more modern/fob than anything else. If you all still need me to compare it to Centuries then you're smoking ganja :fist::fist::fist:

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Dogs Eating Dogs is a nice +44 track. Young is a good Angels And Airwaves song featuring Mark and Travis. I don't have much desire to go back to the other three songs. I know I've seen quite a bit of love for Disaster on here over the years and I don't get it at all. It's a bottom ten blink song for me.

Schooner likes this.
  18. Schooner

Trusted

Actually scrap what I said before about Home for winter and Sober for spring.

WHY THE HELL IS WHATEVER THE STRONGEST DELUXE TRACK NOT THE NEXT SINGLE?!

Whos running this record label. Should be that to promote the new edition

Raku likes this.
  19. Pretty sure that's the last single from the regular album, I'm surprised people don't think they will push a new song as their summer single.