Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

“Cheaters Edition” of Monopoly

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 25, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Monopoly have released an official “Cheaters Edition” of the classic game. Fast Company has more:

“We’ve had this data for years. 50% of all Monopoly players cheat,” says Randy Klimpert, Hasbro’s senior director of design and games development. This fact of life was always something of a running joke within the walls of Hasbro. It became the giggly fodder of proposed ad campaigns. Employees got a kick out of listening to the messages left on its holiday helpline, established in 2016, to help families settle disputes in their games and address accusations of creative cheating. “We were literally sitting around thinking, ‘what would really corrupt Monopoly?’ And someone said, ‘what if we cheated?’”

Raku likes this.
  2. jpmalone4

Stay Lucky Supporter

My favorite Monopoly tip - jail is bad in the beginning, good at the end.

Larry David and Raku like this.
  3. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

It's true. You can't be forced to pay people if you never leave jail.

Larry David likes this.
  4. buckcheeks

Regular

After reading the title, I thought this was a Cheaters TV show version of Monopoly.

Larry David, Kingjohn_654 and Raku like this.