Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

“Bored to Death” Cover with Tom Vocals • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 2, 2016.

1. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Nice job. I am looking forward to the new album but without Tom it will be difficult to not view it as a +44 album. Even though Tom's actions the past few years have shown he no longer wanted to keep up with Blink, it will still be hard to picture an album without his vocals.

Raku likes this.
  2. ARo24

Regular

Basically how I feel. I already pre-ordered the album and will be getting tickets to the Detroit date but a small part of me is bummed there's no Tom. I am curious to hear Matt sing older songs though.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This is going to sound weird, but this video is the first time that I've realized that I'm actually gonna miss Tom in the band. The opposing vocals kind of added to the song for me (which is crazy since it's all one guy lol). I still obviously love the song though and am really looking forward to seeing what Matt will add to the band

Dude is incredibly talented, his Tom and Mark are both spot-on and he killed the drums too

CampfireColorado and Raku like this.
  4. CampfireColorado

Regular

I closed my eyes and heard Tom. Didn't realize I missed him so much until now. But I love matt. I'm so conflicted!

5. Reese's Pieces

Alex, that was impressive and I hope you do more covers in the future!

6. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

7. drstrong

I'm Back.

This is why I miss Tom, regardless of what he's doing now and his clashes with the band, this was the shit that the three of them were able to do.

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Guys, this guy did an impression of good Tom voice. I miss the old Tom but live he has been totally unwatchable and indefensible for years now. Good Tom is dead, bad voice space Tom is all that's left. Embrace the Skiba.

NotBruce and Daniel1027 like this.
  9. dongusbologna

I used to be PIG DESTROYER

any of you ever listen to Strange Vacation? They used to be called the Boys of Summer. The main singer has mostly come into his own, but for awhile, he sounded EXACTLY like tom, back when tom was good and didn't sound like the joke cover (which is absolutely fantastic and made my day)

10. dongusbologna

also, I'm with everyone else in missing the differences of their voices, at least when tom was good. I honestly thought Mark was singing all of the vocals the first time I heard this song. Matt sounds exactly like him to me

11. drstrong

I'm Back.

Boys of Summer? That's the guys who put out the cover EP where they did This Wild Life and a Drake song, right? I didn't think either of them sounded like Tom, not even a little bit.

12. alexbrew

Just here for the comments

I've watched this video a ton, it's tremendously good.

13. danielinskeep

Photo Guy

This is great. He did a nice job from a production aspect too -- given he doesn't have a setup like Feldy.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

0:40 is TOO good.

Seriously, guys... What happened to Tom's voice?

15. alexmelton

I'd love to make a video where I show the Pro Tools Session and talk about techniques, if I can get the screencap setup!

16. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Me too and most importantly, Go Blue! Nice avatar!

17. This was so great.

That second video almost killed me.

18. No UFOs Tom
    Take of Your Pants Tom, the Dude Ranch Tom
    I hate the new Tom, the bad mood Tom
    The always rude Tom, spaz in the news Tom
    I miss the sweet Tom, "Oi kannut sleep" Tom
    I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Tom
    See Blink invented Tom, there was all kinds of Tom
    And now I look and look around and there's not any Tom
    I used to love Tom, I used to love Tom
    I even had the lip piercing, I thought I was Tom!
    What if Tom made a song, about Tom?
    Called "Oi Miss You Old Tom," man that would be so Tom!
    That's all it was Tom, we still love Tom
    And I love you like Tom loves aliens

NotBruce, r0m4n44, s12sim and 3 others like this.
  19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Underrated post.

20. ARo24

Regular

Thanks man!Go Blue! I'm a die hard.

Bayside 182 likes this.
  21. I'm prouder of this than any of the finals I've taken this week

s12sim likes this.
  22. dongusbologna

I don't think so. The Wild Life didn't exist when they were known as the boys of summer. Must be a new band.
    Here's what I'm talking about:

23. Dreampop

Great cover. I like it more than the original! :-)

24. J.Dick

Regular

What about Direct Hit!?

Love this song and band but I do feel like he kind of sounds like Tom although the music and lyrics don't.

25. drstrong

I'm Back.

First of all, holy shit one of them sounds like Tom.

Secondly, there is an EP and I swear it's from a band named Boys of Summer, came out in 2015 and featured two singers. They covered This Wild Life, Drake and a couple of others which I can't remember.

Now I'm having a hard time finding the stupid EP.