Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘We Don’t Need to Whisper’ Acoustic Album Tease

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Zeke

Regular

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

This is the only thing Tom could do at this point that would interest me lol.

4. Will Montei

Usually acoustic remakes are worse then their predecessors. That's not always true, like with Manchester Orchestra's "Hope" (which was an improvement). I just don't think Tom has the talent to pull it off well. And I don't even like Angels and Airwaves, so an acoustic version of that sounds tedious to me.

5. slimfenix182

Their first cd is the only one that I still actually like alot, it'll at least be worth a checking out from me. His voice also might not be tolerable for me, it's changed even more since then. I definitely have low expectations for this haha.

Will Montei likes this.
  6. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Klexror and Sangula are letting him out of the ufo to record this? I'm shocked.

7. slimfenix182

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't started an alien-based religion like scientology or anything yet lol.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. Will Montei

Do you ever just wish he'd go back to the old Tom Delonge whine we knew from his early Blink 182 days? I definitely do.

9. GEM37

She haunts the roads

All the time.

Raku likes this.
  10. Schooner

Trusted

I love this album. But I recall some AVA bonus tracks on some cd (maybe Love) and they were F'n atrocities. Did not translate well

11. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I honestly think Angels & Airwaves would be a better band if Tom weren't the singer.

On the other hand, I also feel this is one of the best songs on Neighborhoods, since I don't think Tom is hiding his trademark 'whine' here.

12. Will Montei

Have you listened to the instrumental Dreamwalker album? Probably some of AVA's best stuff. Though that doesn't mean much to me.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

All I wanted was a 10 year anniversary tour...

justinbullock likes this.
  14. tenspeed

probably AVA's only good album. loved it when it came out.

15. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Hell yes!

16. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Tom didn't record the instruments to that album. We can thank Ilan Rubin for how those songs came out.

17. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

He changed his voice during AvA and for whatever reason has stuck with that style. His natural vocal is that high nasal sound, not the lower air-y one, which is probably the reason it doesn't translate live

18. DallasSF

Would accept a We Don't Need To Whisper acoustic tour.

Peachfuzz and btr like this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I-Empire > WDNTW

20. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Honestly, I don't hate this idea at all. That clip sounds really, really good. I still think this album and I-Empire are the only two worthwhile AVA records, they're still pretty good.

I totally forgot the album turned 10 this year. Damn, I'm starting to really feel old. I was a 15-year-old kid still hurting from blink's break-up when this album came out. So much has changed.

chavril and skurt like this.
  21. goation

Regular

I really enjoy Angels and Airwaves. I don't know why so many people have a problem with them. I am excited for this.

22. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I will actually contend that The Dream Walker is AVA's best album. It's so much more focused and compact, and ignores all the meandering, overindulgent moments of the other albums. I fell like they actually did some cool stuff with that record.

But outside of that and some songs off albums I and II, I feel like everything else AVA has been pretty blech so far...

Will Montei likes this.
  23. WetwithSharp

and a little jingle...

I'm down. WDNTW was legit.

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I can't imagine acoustic AVA sounding any good... isn't 90% of their sound just studio trickery?

25. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

This would sound so good on summer night drives.

coleslawed likes this.