Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Venom’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Fletchaaa likes this.
  2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Looks terrifyingly great!

Matt504 and Jonathan like this.
  3. shawnhyphenray

Regular

This is suddenly my most anticipated film of 2018.

Serenity Now likes this.
  4. brentstailing

Newbie Supporter

This looks so insanely fucking sick.

5. Kaduck

Regular

Looks interesting enough. Better then I expected. I’m hopeful this turns out to be a fun time at the movies!

6. Kanye East

This looks terrible and probably will be terrible.

7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

When I saw the leaked "we are venom" clip yesterday, I kinda laughed, but the full trailer has me more excited for the film.

shawnhyphenray likes this.
  8. atlas

Trusted

the We Are Venom part is easily the sickest part of the entire trailer

9. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Have I been mispronouncing the word symbiote my whole entire life?

10. atlas

Trusted

No, you're doing it right. The lady in the trailer sounds like the first time she's seen this word was on the script

Kaduck and Former Planets like this.
  11. St. Nate

I do like the "Venom" voice. Now if they can only have a scene of him singing "Strangers in the Night."

[​IMG]

coleslawed, Jake W, Tim and 7 others like this.
  12. vein.ftm Apr 24, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 24, 2018)
    vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

This should do well, I always see a ton of dudes wearing venom merch, but not as much as the punisher shirt guys

church11 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  13. St. Nate

best new comic book character

14. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha edit

15. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Almost as good as this trailer. Almost.

16. goosetoph

u wut m8?

It's from the word symbiosis which is pronounced sim-by-o-sis, so I've always said sim-by-ote.

17. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

I'm cautiously optimistic. Nothing about the trailer stood out to me really. Being outside of the MCU (hopefully its not) is such a misstep as well.

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

19. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This looks laugh out loud bad. Im sorry, I was going into this with zero expectations, but the first trailer was bad, and this, something about it just seems very B movie to me.

TJ Wells and Furman like this.
  20. This looks awesome so far. I can't believe people think it looks bad. Venom's portrayed perfectly in this.

21. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I think it has some b-movie qualities, but I think that's almost necessary given the source material - and I don't think that's as damning an indictment as you might mean it. Venom is such a larger than life character, with a different tone to much of the marvel universe, or at least the characters and stories they've been leaning on the past several years. I could understand why that might not work for some people though.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I'm really curious if Peter Parker is going to cameo like he's rumored to, or if he was just hanging around the set for fun… they shot a TON of the motorcycle stunts outside my friends' apartment so they got to film a bunch of the stunts on their phones.

23. atlas

Trusted

All my concerns with the trailer are unrelated to Venom himself. Hardy as Brock, the internal conflict between himself and symbiote, the *we* are Venom stuff, all looking pretty spot on to me. That's what I really wanted after Topher Grace's swamp ass caliber portrayal, so I'm gonna go see this no matter what

The dialogue is pretty concerning though

24. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Mother fuck this looks bad. Remember when Ruben fleischer had buzz?

zerotimeseleven and Ryan like this.
  25. zerotimeseleven

I...I don't understand. Why does Tom sound like that? What is with his accent? He doesn't look like any reporter I've ever seen.

The CGI when his tentacles grab the motorcycle were horrendous and his suit looks like it's from an early 2000's b-movie.

I have zero faith in this movie.