Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Twilight Zone’ Reboot From Jordan Peele in the Works at CBS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Hollywood Reporter:

CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves on Thursday announced during the company’s earnings call that CBS All Access is readying a new take on the iconic sci-fi anthology. It’s unclear at the moment if it’s a straight-to-series order or just development.

The Rod Serling-created series ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959-1964. Producers CBS Television Studios retained the rights to the cult classic and will executive produce the new take. Sources say the show hails from Jordan Peele’s Monkeypaw banner, with Marco Ramirez (Netflix Marvel dramas The Defenders and Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy) is set to pen the script and serve as showrunner. CBS All Access declined comment on Peele and Ramirez’s involvement as official details have not yet been revealed beyond Moonves’ initial announcement.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

No Rod Sterling No Twilight Zone

3. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Guhh

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

But we have black mirror...

mattylikesfilms and fenway89 like this.
  5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I’d watch it.

6. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Yeeees. Most anticipated show ever. I’m expecting Black Mirror-esque with a bit more of a sense of humor

AelNire and suicidesaints like this.
  7. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Optimistic it will be entertaining and even well written, but bearing the Twilight Zone name carries impossible expectations. Rod Serling captured such a distinct & timeless spirit with the original series, anything TZ without his guidance can only feel like a vastly different brand.

Turkeylegz and AllenRicketts like this.
  8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Just make a new anthology series, do not call it The Twilight Zone

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I understand people's resistance to this, and would kind of agree that they should use a different name/"it's not TZ without Sterling"

BUT I have a lot of faith in Jordan and can't wait to see what comes of this.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

CBS though- gross.

11. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Like Peele, but would prefer it not be a TZ reboot or on CBS.