Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Wonder Years’ Reboot

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Wonder Years is getting rebooted and the first trailer has been released.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Don't really see the point of starting the band over at this point I thought they were on a pretty good path.

3. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Okay, this looks great. Please don't be TOO Disney / wishy-washy. I know the old show probably was a bit, but if it's too soft I'm tuning out after an episode or two.

4. transrebel59

Regular

"It's weird when your parents have to give you the police talk or when a presidential election creates a racial divide. But it was 1968." Holy shit.

5. FloatUpstream

Regular

Dan realized that Get Stoked on It is actually a masterpiece so they're hard resetting to easycore

6. Johnnie Martinez

Yes, sign me up.

I really hope they push the envelope, Hulu allows for it.

Excited for this.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Dule Hill in the Jack Arnold/Dan Lauria role is an interesting pick

8. accelerateto88

Perfectly balanced.

They do, but it's primarily airing on ABC, so I'm not sure how far they will really push it. It does look good though.

9. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

This looks like the proper way to do a reboot. I love it’s not the same characters and it’s not focusing on suburban white kids. Cannot wait to watch.

10. brandon

Regular Prestigious

Just don't look at the YouTube comments. Yikes.

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I have never managed to watch the whole run of the original, but that first episode is still something else.

David Parke likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The first seasons of Fresh Off The Boat was pretty good in that regard (and pretty damn great overall). Black-ish also. Both are/were ABC, I think.

13. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

right? fantastic trailer point lol.

14. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

hey, at least there's this one:

I came out swinging from a South Philly basement
    Caked in stale beer and sweat under half-lit fluorescents
    I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
    And if I'm being honest, I'm getting there