Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Sound and the Story’ Goes Deep on Brand New

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

AP/Chorus shout out!

Mike Capone...?

DeRRek and Essie like this.
  3. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

I enjoyed this, and they seem to talk about albums I care about.

fadingfast likes this.
  4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I have been enjoying this podcast quite a bit.

I even enjoy the episodes about albums I have never listened to or cared about.

Been waiting for this episode since August!

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Interesting podcast concept. Going to give a listen. Hopefully they'll do some other albums that I'll listen to.

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Sweet can't wait to listen. Been patiently waiting for this one.

7. Nice! I'll listen tonight.

8. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Interesting listen. Didn't know Jesse dated one of the Eisley sisters.

I thought the whole album was theorised to be about that limousine accident? And that the devil and god was in reference to how the guy was essential a good man but had done a terrible act and had to live with being a monster?

Also no mention of the idea the tracklisting was supposedly meant to start with Welcome To Bangkok and the second half of the album?

Serenity Now likes this.
  9. Great episode. Really have liked all of these so far!

I do not, however, care for that Brian Fallon cover like at all

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  10. Ryan G

Moderator Moderator

The 59 Sound is next on the podcast. Didn't know about the whole Eisley connection/relationship at all.

Serenity Now likes this.
  11. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Not exactly what I had expected/hoped for. This kind of felt more like a dissertation of meaning on the album more so than the actual story regarding the recording and production. A lot of speculation, but definitely still interesting and worth the listen.

fadingfast likes this.
  12. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Devil and God makes so much sense now, and it sure plays into Lacey being one of the best songwriters of our Generation...loved the podcast!

13. Serenity Now

Had no idea of the relationship between Jesse & Sherri. Makes me look at this record entirely differently.

I consider myself a huge BN fan, but I wasn't following them too closely until midway through Deja Entendu's cycle. Can't believe I missed all of that.

14. Serenity Now

Cool point made about the music in Jesus Christ "dying" out and then "resurrecting" after a few brief seconds of silence.

It also happens between 4:22-4:26 which is usually around the time of Easter.

15. DeRRek

Trusted

Thought this was really good. Some interesting stuff put forward. All made a lot of sense too. I enjoy this podcast, looking forward to more albums being discussed that I'm interested in.