Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘The Haunting of Bly Manor’ Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Netflix has shared the first trailer for The Haunting of Bly Manor. They’ve also made Stranger Things, Bird Box, The Two Popes, and a few other titles free to watch via your browser if you’re not a member.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. transrebel59

Regular

Been waiting for this since the day after Hill House was released. Probably the fastest I've ever binged a show.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. mit_backwards

Regular

The episode that was essentially one uncut shot from Hill House was my favorite bit of television from that year.

BradBradley likes this.
  4. xenoabe

Regular

Hill House was my favorite horror show or movie in years. Can't wait for this.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Yup...mine to for sure. It's sort of everything that I wanted from American Horror Story.

6. BradBradley

Regular

AHS is so interesting in that my opinion of it varies so insanely widely, not just from season to season, but from the first half to back half of most seasons too.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

As someone who loved hill house, but has never watched AHS, would I enjoy it?

8. ChrisCantWrite Sep 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 2, 2020)
    ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

It really depends. AHS feels way too much like an after school special to me. Typical of mainstream tv horror..which is fine. Just not for me.

pbueddi likes this.
  9. pbueddi

Trusted

Good to know.

10. BradBradley

Regular

I would wholeheartedly recommend that you watch the first season (referred to as AHS: Murder House). It has the most straightforward, focused plot out of all of the seasons. If you like it, I’d be happy to recommend other seasons I particularly enjoyed. If you don’t, AHS probably just isn’t for you. I definitely don’t get after school special vibes, but the show definitely leans into the campiness of horror at times. Again, not as much in that first season. AHS, for better or worse at times, has really taken some strong, polarizing risks and I respect it a lot for that. Every season of it is a trip. As you can probably tell, I’m a big fan, even when it falls short of its potential in some years.

11. This was my opinion for seasons 2-4. The front half of each was good, occasionally very good. The back half of all of them completely lost my interest. I stopped trying after Freak Show.