Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Stranger Things’ Officially Renewed • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Raku Dec 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2017)
    Raku

Regular

Yeah, episode 7 was an odd one for me too. I think I read fan speculation that they were doing that to set up a future storyline we might explore in a future season (that plus the cold opening of the first episode for the second season). The only good thing about that episode (for me), might have been the music.

That being said, I'm actually hoping we get five or six seasons, but wouldn't be too bummed if we ended on four overall.

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I just think it's funny how many people it seems started questioning the direction of the show because of that episode 7. One episode out of 17 lol

3. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Why thank you! Frank's been my go to handle in any forum/online gaming for a bunch of years. One of the best characters ever.

Lucas27 and Bloodsucker II like this.
  4. I actually think season two was stronger as a whole than the first and am happy that they seem to have a solid direction in mind for the next season or two. In that case, I don't think four seasons would be overextending anything.

Would also love to see the show's dramatic aspects upped in the next couple seasons. Obviously they would never drop the supernatural elements entirely, but I find myself more invested in the characters' relationships with each other than the overarching at times. I want to see how Will's experiences affect himself, his friends and his family as the cast ages.

mercury, Lucas27 and Raku like this.
  5. Raku

Regular

I fully agree with this.

Season two (minus episode 7) was a lot more enjoyable to me more than season one, maybe the future seasons (however many there will be) might be better than the first two currently out.

Another thing I agree with.

As much as I love the supernatural/sci-fi elements, I think it would be cool to explore the characters outside of whatever (otherworldly or government/company cover-ups) could be going on.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. Lucas27

Trusted

I really hope Will has some abilities after this and becomes a hero of sorts. He deserves it and went through too much in the last two seasons to just take a back seat in the next season. Still can't get over how terrific Noah Schnapp is.

I also think it'd be cool if one of the characters, or perhaps a new character, is camped out in the Upside Down for an extended period of time to give us more insight into the place. We still haven't been there much and really don't know a lot about it despite the fact that the show revolves around it.

coleslawed and mercury like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I didn't mind episode 7 at all. Thought it was entertaining and could easily open plot doors for next season.

8. Dog with a Blog

Lmao. This dude.