Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ Final Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Frank Lapidus

Regular Supporter

Holy crap am I excited.

Everyone has been talking about Emperor, C3PO's line, but the part that got me was the epic chord changes with the classic score - sounded insanely epic.

3. ZeoVGM

Regular

Looks incredible. It will be hard to top The Last Jedi but this is a damn good trailer.

4. thecobrakais

Regular

[​IMG]

correction. it will be VERY easy to top The Last Jedi. that movie was prequel level bad.

5. Don't listen to anyone, you're spot-on with this take :thumbup::peace:

6. CMilliken

Trusted

Don’t get the hate for The Last Jedi. Thought it was fantastic. This is looking like it will be an epic ending to the saga.

7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

The Last Jedi wasn't awful by any measure, but I agree when people say there's definitely some prequel-level cringe at times. Luke drinking that milk reminded me of Jar Jar stepping in poop.

Ironically, some of the stuff I *loved* about the film (Rose) were things other folks took issue with.

We have 9 tickets to see it 12/19 @ 6PM, then 30 tickets to see it in IMAX across the street at 10:15PM, then some seats at the Alamo Drafthouse the next day so I can get those Mondo pint glasses and issue of Birth.Movies.Death…

Chase Tremaine and macbethfan like this.
  8. Last Jedi was incredible. This looks awesome. I’ll be there opening night.

9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Credit to the trailer producers for including a lot of great moments and atmosphere without spoiling the plot (something they've done well to protect against for all 3 films of the saga).

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

counter point, TLJ is a top tier SW film

11. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Yourbiggestflan and thecobrakais like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

please be amazing

13. renoinexile

To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere

Wow positive Star Wars talk, I love it!

14. It's like people have a selective memory or just blind goggles when it comes to the prequels. There's no way The Last Jedi is on their level, and I'll fight anyone over it!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  15. thecobrakais

Regular

Jonathan and bradsonemanband like this.
  16. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I understand complaints a lot of people have about the plot of The Last Jedi (though I loved it), but I don't think anyone should be able to argue that it's an equally bad overall movie to any of the prequels.

17. It's my #1, in fact!

renoinexile and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  18. ZeoVGM

Regular

No. Your opinion is bad.

Anna Acosta likes this.
  19. thecobrakais

Regular

Yourbiggestflan and Jonathan like this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This trailer has me so hyped.

Also, I love the Luke milk scene in TLJ. Delightfully weird and hilarious.

21. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

This has been pretty divisive, so funny. Practically my entire group of 20 people or so at that first screening all brought that up as "unsettling" afterwards. /shrug

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I remember my initial reaction was laughing and thinking "lol wtf? I can't believe Disney okay'd that. Incredible." Though most people I know laughed at it but think it's just too weird, which I get honestly. I still think it's great. That whole sequence does such a great job of showing just how far gone Luke is when Rey finds him.

Jonathan likes this.
  23. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Absolutely. None of the stuff that irks me is ever in the "OMG THIS RUINED STAR WARS AND MY YOUTH" group, but I'm also not that type of person to begin with. I sincerely believe those folks are being so overdramatic.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Overdramatic is an understatement haha.

Jonathan likes this.