Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Is Out — Watch It With BB-8

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now available on Blu-ray and digital download. Also, if you have one of those Sphero BB-8 toys it’ll watch and react to the the movie with you.

Your new and improved BB-8 can actually “watch” the film with you and react to everything that happens. I’m sure he’ll have a thing or two to say when the onscreen BB-8 gets tossed around the Millennium Falcon in Rey’s first flight.

Hey, quiet in front, #bb8. Some of us are trying to watch #theforceawakens.

A video posted by Chris Taylor (@futurechris) on Apr 4, 2016 at 11:27pm PDT

The post ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Is Out — Watch It With BB-8 appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. Disney needs to collaborate with another robotics company to make a full size BB-8, the Sphero is too small.

3. Guys Named Todd

Regular Prestigious

This is awesome! If I had a higher level of disposable income, you bet I'd have a whole fleet of BB-8 toys to watch/ react to Star Wars with me. (Sidebar: I'm very lonely.)

CMilliken and Turkeylegz like this.
  4. Turkeylegz

Trusted

That is amazing! At the target I work at we are having a contest to win a giant bb-8 display. I'm pretty sure someone broke the robotic part but I still want it.

5. Fox83

Trusted

Speaking of the bluray release, I had no idea that Disney now lets you use your digital copy (included with the disc) with services like Amazon, Google, VUDU, etc. I just registered my code online last night after purchasing the bluray and I now have the HD digital release along with the bonus features through my Amazon account. More companies should be doing this.

CMilliken likes this.
  6. CMilliken

Trusted

I always claim mine for iTunes when I can. Nothing pisses me off more when they only come with the Ultraviolet copy. Can't stand that. I like how some companies are now letting you choose.

Jason Tate and Fox83 like this.
  7. Fox83

Trusted

If you set up a Disney Anywhere account, you can sync it with all of the services (iTunes, Amazon, Google, etc). But yea, you can pick and choose without setting up an account.

Honestly, if you prefer digital only, you could just buy Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm movies, claim the digital rights and sell the bluray on eBay.

8. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

The price tag on that would be massive. Easily over $1,000 for anything the size of a soccer ball, if not more. I'm sure they'll do it eventually but the market for something that expensive isn't huge.

9. zachff

deadformat.net/collection/zachff Prestigious

Also, definitely can't wait to do this this weekend. I haven't pulled out BB-8 in a while but this should be cool.

10. CMilliken

Trusted

I like to have hard copies too. The digital copies are just really convenient. I do have a Disney Anywhere account too. Really like what they are doing.

Fox83 likes this.
  11. efp722

Regular

Don't link all the accounts together just yet! I've been linking all my accounts together through Disney for about 2 years now and only do it when Disney is giving out a free movie as a bonus. Got digital copies of Wreck it Ralph and Monsters Inc last year but linking random accounts to my Disney account.

And yes, absolutely, I really want everyone to do something like this. Love having my Disney/Marvel/Star Wars movies on my Apple TV, Google Play, and Amazon accounts.

Fox83 likes this.
  12. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

That's pretty cool, I need to pick up a copy this weekend.