Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Space Jam 2’ Coming in July 2021 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 22, 2019.

1. But that one guy asked people at the hipster coffee shop who bugs bunny was and no one knew ...

oldjersey and scottlechowicz like this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I am actually very disappointed that you are trying pick a fight with me in multiple threads and creating a false narrative in an attempt to be an expert at everything. Telling a person with kids what kids are interested in is unconvincing.

I was actaully in my basement watching with Star Wars: The Last Jedi with kids and their friends. Took a poll of the room. That’s a form of data collection. Polls.

Nothing in your post above is adding anything to the conversation. It’s purely an attempt to insult and have people rally behind you. You set the tone for this website and discussion boards. I am not interested in a fight. If you’d go back to having a discussion, that’s fine. You don’t have to agree with me. But the other stuff isn’t called for.

3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I don't think I talked about Looney Tunes in the 90s either when I was a kid, even though I watched them, and Space Jam was the second movie I ever saw in theatres.

That isn't to say they are watching them, just that as kids we tend to obsessively talk about a handful of things, and as adults we tend to fixate on the few things we hear most come from kids - so I think it's hard to gauge no matter what. If anything, the movie will likely just rely more on the celebrity of the athletes, than the LT characters.

Davjs and .K. like this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

No hipsters in my house, my kids don't know who Looney Toons are and I didn't know there was a new Looney Toons show on tv, even though we actively watch a ton of cartoons.

At the same time, if they green lit this movie then there has to be some demand for Looney Toons. So even though I want to say no knows who they are anymore, it's possible I just flat out missed their come back.

.K. likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wouldn't Space Jam 2 be a great entry point for parents to show their kids something they enjoyed when they were kids? Isn't that a thing with families? I know it was with mine in certain aspects.

Davjs likes this.
  6. Jared Luttrell

Regular

I'm personally excited for this as an NBA fan. There hasn't been a player in the league as marketable as Bron since MJ and I think this is going to do really well.

7. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Looney Toons isn't the sell here, it's LeBron James being arguably the most recognizable and marketable sports figure on the planet right now.

.K. likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Good point. Maybe that'll get some new life into the LTs as well.