Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Science Fiction’ Vinyl Pre-Orders Apparently on Slight Delay

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Procrastinate! Music Traitors are informing fans that there has been a vinyl delay in Brand New’s Science Fiction but they expect to “start shipping standard vinyl orders in the next week.”

2. snaps

Regular Supporter

I got my CD on Saturday.

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Was this a special version? There were a whole bunch at Newbury Comics the other day.

4. Yeah, I snagged a limited run blue and red vinyl at a record store on Friday.

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i believe the "limited" vinyl from aug 15th pre-order day is a completely different variant/pressing all together. I saw a bunch of limited red/blue and standards at newbury this weekend and bought it as well.

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I waited 8 years for THIS???

7. bloodinthesand

Regular

I got my vinyl from amazon this past Friday

8. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

This is most Brand New thing to happen.

9. CMilliken

Trusted

I’m assuming it’s the limited edition preorder. I picked up a copy of the indie blue/red exclusive at my local shop. Still waiting on my preorder though and can’t wait to see what is different about it.

10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

No it's the webstore standard one too, I haven't gotten mine yet

CMilliken likes this.
  11. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I've yet to receive my standard order from Procrastinate's official web store as well.

And even though I'm pretty sure we haven't found out yet, do we know what the difference between the limited edition that was up for only a few hours is and the standard?

12. So still no update on the special edition? I ordered one of the limited ones and have yet to hear anything from PMT!...

13. Not a good look PMt.

BigMouth and Bryan Diem like this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, pretty bad customer service all around.

Hell, even shopradiocast keeps you updated on your orders and they are far and away the worst.

15. Bryan Diem

Trusted

At least we know the Brand New effect looses its charm when people actually have already paid for stuff.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't think people being upset that they are being kept completely in the dark about the status of merchandise they paid $50+ for over 2 months ago is necessarily band-specific.

17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

But at the same time, if people were to accept it from any band, it'd be Brand New.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

well Brand New has never made us wait long for anything so it's relatively unexplored territory.

19. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

i think it's charming. I mean "procrastinate" is in the label's name....what did we expect? A halloween release would be spooky and fitting!

Turkeylegz, coleslawed and Bryan Diem like this.
  20. Bryan Diem

Trusted

My friend got his, and he lives two miles from me so hopefully I got it too.

youwontknow likes this.
  21. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Nooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyy

22. Are you talking limited edition vinyl??

23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

No, the standard black

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

ohhhhhhh