Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Saved by the Bell’ Reboot Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The trailer for the upcoming Saved by the Bell reboot has been released.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Freezon

Regular

Why??
    Why ruin a classic 90’s show with a modern reboot. This just ruins the original show. Yikes.

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  3. spencpants

Can I pet your dog? Prestigious

Oh god, I am so old.

Raku, Brent, j0hnnyrt and 1 other person like this.
  4. transrebel59

Regular

I...don't hate it. Will definitely check out the first episode. The creator of this has done some solid work.

Jusscali and falafelmywaffle like this.
  5. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR DAD, SPENCER. I JUST CARE ABOUT ZACK AND KELLY

6. welcome to the 2000s

Raku and falafelmywaffle like this.
  7. ben mears

why?? Because of money

Would you expect anything less?

Raku and mattylikesfilms like this.
  8. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

This gives me hope for Hang Time (Still Hangin') and Step by Step by Step.

Mick and theasteriskera like this.
  9. Ellite25

Regular

I mean...I think this looks pretty decent.

Jusscali, Eml182 and All Systems Goku like this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'll prob check it out

11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I actually think this looks pretty decent; looks like a big production. Will check out

What's Peacock? hahaha

All Systems Goku likes this.
  12. Yet another streaming service. This one is NBC's version. It's one of the main reasons things like The Office and Parks and Rec are coming off of Netflix soon—so they can go on NBC's proprietary streaming service.

Raku likes this.
  13. delvec19

Trusted

Why do things always ruin the original for some people? Just don't watch it. And if you happen to watch it and hate it...do you ever watch the original and constantly think to yourself "god damnit I cannot enjoy this 90's goodness because they decided to reboot it 30 years later!!!"

14. Smee22

Regular

If it doesn’t try too hard to be something it’s not, and really leans into the cheese and nostalgia, could be great. Sort of like what Cobra Kai did, which has no business being as enjoyable as it is.

15. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

In fairness, the original Saved By The Bell ruined the original Saved By The Bell. I watched it every day for years when I was younger, but watching it again as an adult? That show does not hold up at all. It’s brainless—like, almost insultingly so.

The reboot looks aggressively silly, but at least there seems to be some self-awareness and wit to it. Based on the trailer, it I could see myself being at least entertained.

16. Eml182

Regular

Looks good. I’m in.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  17. @@ron

Regular

Hang Time!! You just triggered some memories that were buried deep in there. I loved that show and completely forgot about it until today

Mick and kpatrickwood like this.
  18. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Hahaha yep. That was one of several Saved by the Bell knock offs I'd watch on Saturdays after delivering papers. That one sticks out because it had the catchiest theme song.

19. @@ron

Regular

It’s been in my head all day now.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  20. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

Holy shit, HANG TIME!

kpatrickwood likes this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I don’t hate it and it is pretty solid that it looks like they’re tackling white privilege.

Also, I hope everyone’s watched all the Zack Morris Is The Worst videos on Funny or Die. Solid gold.

Orla likes this.
  22. alphaadept

I didn’t know what it was until I tried to find a streaming service that had all the Harry Potter movies. They’ve got them up for free with commercials.

23. metallikunt

I'm in love with the ordinary

Hells yes!!! I loved watching this show. It's where I originally fell in love with Anthony Anderson. I love that he's still around and still just as funny after all these years.

24. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I had the same feelings. Glad they got the original cast on board. I was worried Zack wasn't going to make an appearance.
    I feel the same way. It's like the reboot of Full House. It's fine. Is it good? No. But is it terrible and does it ruin the original? Absolutely not.

Maybe it's just because I've reached pinnacle of "IDGAF what anyone thinks of my taste in media" in my mid-30's, but I have no problem going into just about anything with an open mind.

Ferrari333SP and Orla like this.