Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Teaser Trailer • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 7, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

2. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

I know it remains to be seen, but I'm hoping for as little emphasis on the Deathstar/Starkiller Base as possible. Just feels done to death at this point. Otherwise awesome trailer. Cool to see these awesome female leads.

3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Time to use that edit title button ;-)

4. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

Do you mean like, for this movie? Because this movie is literally about the story of Rebels stealing plans for the first Deathstar.

fenway89 likes this.
  5. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

[​IMG]

Snewt and Jason Tate like this.
  6. Scarecrow Boat

Regular

Whoops, I'm an idiot! Haha. I suppose that is good enough reason to let it slide for this one. But yeah, moving forward I'm not super into it.

7. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Still relevant:

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

9. palewhiteboy88

Regular Supporter

This movie was my jam when I was 7

fenway89 and Jason Tate like this.
  10. OdeToTheSun

Ø

December's going to be my favorite month for a few years because of these movies, haha. Looks great!

11. Fox83

Trusted

What a time to be alive!

12. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

incredible trailer! already thought it was a cool idea for a story, but throw in the fact that it seems like they're going pretty out of the box with it and I'm even more excited

13. I have an idea for next week's podcast. :walker::phasma::deathstar:

patrickhowell and fenway89 like this.
  14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

this movie is my jam
    edit: we need ewok emojis.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Chances of this being better than the remake of A New Hope otherwise known as The Force Awakens? I would say very high.

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Jonathan and teebs41 like this.
  17. Luroda

Consistently Lurking

Wasn't at all curious for Rogue One, tbh. Was planning on skipping this one. Looks like I'm not gonna skip it anymore. I'm in for more heroines.

18. thecobrakais

Regular

in some ways, i might be more excited for this than i was episode 7.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. TobiasSc

Life is a gift. Remember this.

this. looking forward to december!

Fox83 likes this.
  20. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

YES YES YES

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I personally don't care for Gareth Edwards as a director. Monsters is overrated and I ended up hating Godzilla. That film was a massive letdown to me.

So when he was announced for this I just rolled my eyes and never bothered to follow the news on the film but this teaser does look pretty damn good.

Plus it's an original story which is more than you can say for TFA.

Jonathan likes this.
  22. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

I enjoyed Godzilla (then again, when you only have the 1997 version to go off, it's much easier to like). I'd probably give it an 8/10. Haven't seen Monsters. That said, very excited for this – really nice to see so many folks stoked after the trailer despite initial trepidation or low expectations. Let's hope it doesn't let down. I have a lot of faith in Disney right now.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. Ben Peters

Super excited.

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Disney could probably print their own money at this point. The monumental success they have had with Marvel and now Star Wars (regardless of what anyone thinks- TFA was a gigantic success) makes them the biggest monster of a studio in the world. I also have faith in Disney as well despite having mixed feelings towards their films. I thought TFA was ok with really good moments (but overall a beat by beat remake of A New Hope) but I am excited as hell for Rogue One. I dislike half the Marvel films and love DC but I already have prime tickets for Civil War opening night cause I know it will deliver.

Jonathan likes this.
  25. I did a shot-for-shot breakdown of the trailer on my blog today to test out some jQuery code that only plays GIFs on hover.

Jonathan likes this.